Yummy Low-FODMAP Pumpkin Bars; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
October 29, 2017Printer Friendly Version
Low-FODMAP pumpkin bars are an amazing low-FODMAP autumn snack. I make these low-FODMAP pumpkin bars without any add-ins for a classic flavor, but you can style this low-FODMAP recipe with seeds, walnuts or pecans!
I love a low-FODMAP spicy pumpkin treat in the fall, or anytime of the year. Packed with antioxidants, fiber and so much flavor, low-FODMAP pumpkin bars are like the colors of autumn. A gorgeous palette of low-FODMAP taste, texture and nutrition.
Browse my blog for over 300 more free low-FODMAP recipes! Lots of other pumpkin inspiration: low-FODMAP Pumpkin Bread, low-FODMAP Pumpkin Bread pudding, low-FODMAP Pumpkin Cookies, low-FODMAP Pumpkin Mug cake and more!
Be healthy and happy,
Low-FODMAP Pumpkin Bars; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time 20 min
Bake time 25-30 min for bars; 30-35 min for cake
- For cake use a 13 x 9 cake pan
- For bars use 15 x 10 x 1 baking pan/’jelly roll’ pan
- I used the jelly roll pan
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups gluten free, low-FODMAP flour ( I used Authentic Foods GF Classic Blend- see my bake-off blog for the reason why!)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (if not added to your flour choice)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Garnish (optional):
- Vegetable shortening for greasing
- Grease your choice of baking pan with vegetable shortening
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and whisk together
- Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and beat at medium for 3 minutes
- Add vanilla and combine
- Pour into a greased baking pan
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes for jelly roll pan and 30-35 for cake pan; use tester to check doneness
- Cool completely and frost with desired frosting
- Note: if making my low-FODMAP cream cheese frosting you will need to double the recipe to cover the whole pan
- So soft and moist- with that thick low-FODMAP cream cheese frosting! These low-FODMAP Pumpkin Bars are great any time of the year!
- Serve them with my rich low-FODMAP Caramel Sauce and my low-FODMAP sweet and spicy pumpkin seeds too!
Printer Friendly Version