The Best Low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Blondie Recipe (Cookie Bar); Gluten-free, Dairy-free
February 1, 2019
What is a blondie? Well, its kind of like a brownie, without the chocolate in the base dough. As a result, many call it a ‘vanilla brownie’. But I think it tastes more like ‘butterscotch’ than ‘vanilla’. The brown sugar in the low-FODMAP recipe gives it that lovely rich taste.
You may have also seen this labeled a (low-FODMAP) ‘chocolate chip cookie bar’. Regardless of the name, these low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Blondies are sure to be a favorite in your house!
I love the chewy texture, crisp caramelized edges, rich butterscotch dough and decadent chocolate chunks in these low-FODMAP Blondies. While I used low-FODMAP chocolate chunks, you can add pecans, coconut, or any low-FODMAP stir-in.
Low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Blondies are the ideal party dessert- kids go nuts over these delicious treats. Plus they don’t need any frosting so they have less sugar than a brownie.
I think I may like these better than my Ooey Gooey low-FODMAP brownies!
Check out my blog for more ideas… we have over 200 more low-FODMAP recipes!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Blondie Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Equipment: 8 by 8 inch pan
Bake: 325 degrees F
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
- Vegetable shortening for greasing pan, and strips of aluminum foil for lining pan
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter or low-FODMAP vegan spread (for dairy-free version)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend flour (I prefer this variety, check out my ‘flour bake off blog’ to see why)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (if not included in your low-FODMAP flour choice)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Choice of stir ins (select for 1 cup total)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- I prefer chunks for a little more depth to my chocolate flavor
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Grease baking pan with shortening and line with aluminum foil, grease foil
- Place butter or vegan spread and the 2 types sugar in bowl of mixer and beat well
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat at medium until fluffy (about 5 minutes)
- Add low-FODMAP flour, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt
- Mix at medium speed until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed
- Add stir-ins and mix together by hand
- Bake until edges are brown and the center is still slightly moist appearing
- it will continue to bake after removing
- Let cool for 2 hours then remove using the aluminum handles
- These are soft, chewy and low-FODMAP blondie heaven…stack em up to impress your friends!
- Grab one and take a bite…
- Can you taste that awesome butterscotch brown sugar low-FODMAP cookie flavor?
- Try to stop at just one low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Blondie!