Shortcut Low-FODMAP Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake “Snack Cake”; Gluten-free
July 11, 2020Printer Friendly Version
I love cinnamon, I love cake, and I love shortcuts.
This is my new FAVORITE recipe!
Low-FODMAP Shortcut Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake is delicious, moist and so simple. It tastes just like a coffee cake, but uses my low-FODMAP Happy Baking Vanilla Cake Mix for an easy prep. The sour cream (lactose-free) gives the my low-FODMAP Vanilla Cake an added boost of rich flavor and soft texture. Sooo good.
I’m a big fan of simplifying steps in my baking because I love to provide my family fresh treats, even on a busy weekend!
You will love this low-FODMAP Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake with a cup of coffee in the morning, as a teatime snack in the late day, or dessert anytime.
Did you know that I have a cookbook coming out October 6, 2020?!
You will also want to try my:
- Low-FODMAP Starbucks’ Copycat Coffee Cake
- Low-FODMAP Almond Danish Kringle
- low-FODMAP Banana Chocolate Snack Cake using Happy Baking Cake Mix
- Low-FODMAP 5 Minute Microwave Cinnamon Bun
- Low-FODMAP Strawberry Sheet Cake using Happy Baking Cake Mix
Or check out over 350 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Shortcut Low-FODMAP Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 10M plus cooling
Bake time: 45M-55 M
Total time: 55-65 M plus cooling
Bake: 350 F
Equipment: 9 by 13 inch casserole pan (I used a glass one)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup lactose-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- This makes quite a thick sugar layer, feel free to cut this back if you don’t like yours that sweet
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3 cups confectioner’s sugar (depending on how much glaze you want)
- For a lighter layer of glaze use 2 cups sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons low-FODMAP milk (ex: almond milk or lactose-free milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or other flavored extract of your choice (lemon, almond)
- Baking spray or vegetable shortening, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 pan with baking spray and set aside for later
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (I prefer the flat paddle) combine contents of the low-FODMAP Happy Baking Vanilla Cake Mix ‘sugar packet’ with the 4 eggs and blend on medium speed until light in color
- Add the low-FODMAP Happy Baking Vanilla Cake Mix ‘cake mix packet’, canola oil and lactose-free sour cream
- Mix on medium-low for 30 seconds and then raise the speed to medium until blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary
- Spread the cake batter into your prepared pan
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly on top of your cake, then using a knife or chopstick, swirl the cinnamon sugar into the cake batter gently (do not over-stir)
- Most of the sugar will stay on top of the cake
- If you want to have the sugar in the center of the cake, then layer 1/2 the batter, then sprinkle the sugar and follow with the other 1/2 layer batter
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center of the cake comes out clean
- As ovens vary, yours may need more/less time
- Cool cake on wire rack for 10 minutes, and while cake is cooling whisk the confectioner’s sugar and low-FODMAP milk together to desired consistency to create a low-FODMAP glaze
- Add vanilla or other desired extract and stir to combine
- If your glaze is thick, warm for 20-30 second intervals in the microwave to thin the consistency
- Drizzle glaze over slightly warm cake, then gently spread it with a knife over the sugar
- Serve immediately, or warm prior to serving
So soft and SOOOO good! Low-FODMAP Cinnamon Roll Snack Cake with my Happy Baking Vanilla Cake Mix.
Printer Friendly Version