Sensational Low-FODMAP Bacon, Spinach & Basil Frittata Recipe; Gluten-free
November 4, 2017Printer Friendly Version
Low-FODMAP frittata is one of the most perfect meals. You can enjoy this for breakfast, lunch, supper or anytime between! A frittata is a wonderful way to use up your low-FODMAP leftovers in style. Try my combination or use your own favorites and delight your taste buds with this easy, versatile low-FODMAP frittata recipe.
This low-FODMAP frittata refrigerates well for 2-3 days and tastes great both warm and cold.
Check out over 400 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. You may also love my low-FODMAP Breakfast Bake or my low-FODMAP Best Breakfast Collection!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Sensational Low-FODMAP Bacon, Spinach & Basil Frittata; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Bake 450 F
Prep time 10 min
Cook time 25 min
Equipment: oven safe 10-12 inch skillet (cast iron works well)
- 8 large organic eggs
- ½ cup coconut cream (canned) or coconut milk
- This is NOT the same as ‘cream of coconut’
- Check out my low-FODMAP Grocery shopping blog for tips on purchasing this ingredient if you haven’t before
- 4 oz pancetta or 4-6 pieces of bacon cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup chopped potato, pre-cooked (I used leftover baked potato)
- ¼ cup corn (I used fresh frozen corn)
- 2 TB fresh basil
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup chopped deli turkey or leftover turkey/chicken breast
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cheese of choice –cheddar/monterey jack/mozzarella work well
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion-infused oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- In an oven safe 10-12″ skillet over medium heat, cook the pancetta or bacon until almost done (about 5 minutes)
- Leave the bacon grease in the skillet and if necessary add the optional oil to coat the sides of the pan
- Place spinach in skillet and stir
- Add corn and cooked potatoes and stir
- When these are warmed, add the basil and then the turkey
- In a medium bowl place the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and cayenne and whisk together until well blended
- Ensure there is oil coating the sides of the pan
- Pour egg mixture into skillet
- Top mixture with cheese and sliced tomato and place your oven safe skillet into the oven, add additional basil if desired
- Bake 20 min or until center is fluffy
- Serve immediately
- That is one amazing low-FODMAP frittata…It literally melts in your mouth!
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
A Good Looking Dish
Did mine in a well oiled glass pie dish and mistakenly beat the cheese into the eggs as well. However, dinner turned out fluffy and hubby is burrowing away at it right now. Absolutely loves it and I added some smoked hot paprika instead of cayenne. So yummy, thanks for a gorgeous meal. Simple, versatile and the kind of dish where you can find easy subs to replace ingredients with.
Thank you so much!
Sometimes simple is the BEST.
Stay in touch!!