Savory Low-FODMAP Maple & Dijon Chicken Thighs; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
March 10, 2018
A sweet and savory low-FODMAP dinner, these low-FODMAP Maple and Dijon Chicken Thighs are moist and delicious. This meal is easy, and perfect for any occasion.
Chicken thighs have a slightly higher fat content than chicken breasts, but I find them to be much more succulent and flavorful. Plus, they contain more iron and zinc than their lighter counterparts. So enjoy without any guilt!
You may also love my low-FODMAP Roasted Chicken with Maple and Rosemary and my low-FODMAP Fried Chicken. Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog. We also have a list of our best low-FODMAP Chicken Recipes for more inspiration.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls MD
Low-FODMAP Maple & Dijon Chicken Thighs; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
Bake 375 F
- 4-8 (depending on size) bone-in or boneless chicken thighs, skins removed (about 1.5 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons grainy French mustard (no high-FODMAP additives)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic infused oil (see my low-FODMAP recipe swap blog for tips to find these oils)
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Optional variation: 1 teaspoon Low-FODMAP Happy Spices Italian Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Rinse chicken and pat dry
- Combine mustards, garlic oil, marjoram or Happy Spices Italian Seasoning and maple syrup in a small bowl
- Spread mustard mixture evenly over top of each chicken thigh, being careful to cover the surface of the chicken (about 2-3 tablespoons per thigh)
- if there is extra sauce, then save it to serve on the side, warmed in microwave
- Arrange chicken in an oven-safe baking dish
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until mustard mixture has formed a crust and is slightly hardened, and juices run clear when the chicken is pierced
- Serve with low-FODMAP rice, low-FODMAP vegetables or potatoes ( I love my low-FODMAP mashed potatoes!)
- So succulent and tender, low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Chicken is savory and delicious!