Rachel’s Low-FODMAP Glazed Carrots / Carrot Tzimmes; Gluten-free, Vegan
November 11, 2017
Low-FODMAP glazed carrots (or carrot tzimmes) are the best side dish. All the kids love to eat their vegetables when enrobed in this sweet and delicious low-FODMAP glaze. These are also very easy to make and refrigerate well for days. Enjoy over your holiday season!
Check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Carrot Tzimmes/Glazed Carrots; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb. petite or chopped carrots
- ¼ cup brown sugar (vegan certified, if necessary)
- 2 tbsp. butter, or vegan margarine for vegan version (I like Earth Balance vegan spread)
- ¼ cup water from carrots
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice squeezed from orange (can also omit this and substitute 1/4 cup of water from carrots)
- Boil carrots until tender, about 25 minutes
- Drain all but ¼ cup water (or 1/2 cup if omitting orange juice)
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until syrupy, about 20 minutes
Try them with my low-FODMAP maple turkey breast for the perfect combination.