Dr. Rachel’s Low-FODMAP Barbecue Sauce: Gluten-free, Vegan
November 10, 2017
This is my delicious, sweet, spicy and sassy low-FODMAP barbecue sauce /low-FODMAP barbecue marinade. It is easy to make, and goes great with everything. Try it on my low-FODMAP hamburgers, or low-FODMAP baby back ribs! You can’t lose with this zesty low-FODMAP barbecue sauce.
You may also love my:
- low-FODMAP Ketchup
- low-FODMAP Tzatziki
- low-FODMAP Salsa
- low-FODMAP Mayonnaise
- low-FODMAP Tartar Sauce
There are over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog for you to try, IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Dr. Rachel’s Low-FODMAP Barbecue Sauce Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Yield: 2 cups; 32 ounces sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup (add more to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp. ancho chili powder (according to your spice preference)
- 4 tbsp. white vinegar
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce (gluten-free optional)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (add more or less if desired)
- 1 tsp mustard powder (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir well to combine
- Cook on medium-high for 15-20 minutes until thickens
- Allow to cool and place in a jar or container in refrigerator until use
- Tastes great on low-FODMAP baby back ribs!