Ooey Gooey Low-FODMAP Brownies; Gluten-free
November 4, 2017Printer Friendly Version
These low-FODMAP brownies are the chewy, moist, rich, chocolatey low-FODMAP treat you have been waiting for. These low-FODMAP brownies were gone before I could even turn around, and my family was wanting more! My low-FODMAP chocolate glaze recipe is the perfect way to top it off.
Pair these with low-FODMAP vanilla ice cream, low-FODMAP strawberry coulis, or just a glass of low-FODMAP milk. These low-FODMAP brownies are low-FODMAP chocolate nirvana!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN EASY WAY TO MAKE LOW-FODMAP BROWNIES, CHECK OUT MY LATEST PRODUCT: HAPPY BAKING FUDGY BROWNIE MIX! SO EASY!
You may also love my:
- low-FODMAP Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- low-FODMAP Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- low-FODMAP Flourless Chocolate Cake
- low-FODMAP Deluxe Chocolate Cake
For more recipe ideas, check out over 300 low-FODMAP recipes on the blog! IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
OOEY GOOEY Low-FODMAP Brownies; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Bake 325 F
Equipment: 8 inch square baking pan
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time 45 mins
- 2/3 cup Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend flour (this is my favorite flour for baking, see why in my low-FODMAP Bake Off)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate (1 ounce chocolate is approximately one low-FODMAP serving)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup vegan margarine or butter (each tablespoon butter is approximately one low-FODMAP serving- I used butter)
- 1 & ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- Optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- I used mini chocolate chips for mine
- Vegetable shortening for greasing
Frosting: Use this delicious low-FODMAP chocolate glaze frosting for the best combination
- Preheat oven to 325 F, place rack in lower-middle
- Grease brownie pan with vegetable shortening and line with 2 long strips of aluminum foil (in order to lift out when done), coat these with vegetable shortening as well
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and xanthan gum in bowl, set aside
- Melt chocolate and margarine or butter in double boiler
- Remove from heat, whisk in sugar and vanilla
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time
- Continue to blend until completely smooth
- Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated (you can mix this completely by hand, do not overmix)
- Stir in nuts or chocolate chips, if desired
- Pour batter into pan and bake in center of oven for 45 min
- Cool for 5 minutes, then gently lift out with foil and cool on baking rack
- Frost when still warm with my low-FODMAP chocolate frosting
- Can decorate with sprinkles or any other decoration!
- That is one ooey, gooey, low-FODMAP chocolate brownie!
- You can see the little melted chocolate chips inside…plus I like my edges extra carmelized with the middle nice and fudgey
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
First of all: I’m a full-on junk food loving, chocolate obsessed gremlin, so I know my stuff. I had been craving a chocolatey treat since starting the low FODMAP diet last week, and ended up here. These were phenomenal and exceeded my expectations by a mile. My household noticed no difference between these and “normal” brownies. I even crammed in a run on the treadmill just so I could eat another one!
-I used the gluten free flour I had on hand (Krusteaz all-purpose), which already contains xantham gum, and so I left out the added xantham gum.
-I accidentally miscounted the baking chocolate squares and only used half of each type- d’oh! In conjunction with Rachel’s chocolate frosting/ the mini chocolate chips in the batter, they were still plenty chocolatey (again, I worship chocolate, so this is surprising). Silver lining to my boneheaded mistake: Less FODMAPS per brownie!
We LOOOVE chocolate too. Check out our low-FODMAP Flourless Chocolate Cake and low-FODMAP Molten Chocolate Lava Cake for some other delicious treats.
For even easier brownies our low-FODMAP Happy Baking Fudgy Brownie Mix is TO DIE FOR 🙂
Stay in touch with us!!
The smell is just intoxicating. Followed instructions to the tee and the end result is out of this world. Daughter was hanging around me (I never see her out of her room!) urging me to cut a slice for her. I’ve also never seen my hubby out so quick from his office before to taste test these.
They were moist in the centre and I’ve omitted the quarter cup of sugar (hence just 1 cup) from the recipe as I don’t like it too sweet. It was just right for all of us. Thank you so much! Now to hide a couple of slices from these chocolate fiends! 😉
Hey The Mrs!
Great to hear from you! Your feedback is always appreciated 😊. Have a delicious day!!
Just about to make this lovely looking brownie. Just wondering the recipe calls for 1/2 baking powder. I kind of assume it’s 1/2 tsp or would it be 1/2 sachet ?
Thank you for your reply
Goodness gracious! We never saw this typo before. It should read 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. We have fixed the recipe and thank you for letting us know! Merry Christmas!!