My List of the Best Top 10 Low-FODMAP Food & Snacks by Dr Rachel Pauls
April 10, 2020Printer Friendly Version
I have been following a modified low-FODMAP diet for over 6 years, and it completely alleviates my IBS. I am so ecstatic about a low-FODMAP diet, that it inspired my blog, recipes and all my low-FODMAP food products.
On my modified low-FODMAP diet, there are certain things that I really enjoy. Here is my list of the best low-FODMAP food and snacks I absolutely could not live without. These are MY personal top 10 low-FODMAP food choices to keep my tummy happy and my energy up.
While I often gravitate to similar food choices week after week, the one area I try to mix it up is with my fruits, vegetables and grains. That is the way I keep my gut aligned and my intestinal microbiome ‘diverse’. Luckily, there are MANY options that are safe for a low-FODMAP diet. See my low-FODMAP Happy Gut Guide for more details!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
The Best Top 10 List of Low-FODMAP Food (& Snacks) According to Dr Rachel Pauls
- Protein: Chicken and Turkey
- I have my low-FODMAP One Pan Italian Chicken with Vegetables and low-FODMAP Maple Glazed Turkey Breast every week, and pack it for lunch to take to work each day. Easy to make, filling and so good for me.
- Happy Spices
- Spice is the best part of eating. My low-FODMAP Happy Spices make it simple to enjoy your favorite flavors without onion or garlic. Try my low-FODMAP Chili and you will see for yourself. Delish.
- While I love a lot of veggies, carrots are simple to have on hand and have NO FODMAPS. Winner!
- For a sweeter twist, I opt for my low-FODMAP Glazed Carrots.
- Happy Bars and Happy Jerky
- No surprise, I live on my low-FODMAP Energy Bars and Beef Jerky. They are tasty, healthy and filling. My favorites are Peanut Chocolate Euphoria, Peanut Maple Pleasure, Banana Chocolate Glee, Chocolate Chip Delight and Tangy Jerky.
- NO ONION AND NO GARLIC in the jerky! You heard right!!
- A beautiful, nutritious and superb fruit, that is also low-FODMAP in 150g servings. I enjoy strawberries in my low-FODMAP Strawberry Smoothies every weekend!
- Grains: Oats, Rice, Quinoa
- Happy Soup
- Canned and Fresh Fish
- Happy Baking and Dark Chocolate (chips, squares or bars)
I could go on and on, but these above are really my Top 10 BEST Low-FODMAP Foods for meals, snacks, or any time of day. What are your favorites? 🙂Printer Friendly Version