Mouthwatering Low-FODMAP Hamburger Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
May 30, 2017
Low-FODMAP grill time and low-FODMAP hamburgers!
It’s summertime! My absolute favorite season. I like lazing by the pool, sinking my toes in the sand, hitting balls on the court and just walking in the sunshine.
It’s also time to eat some great BBQ. Hamburgers are a classic favorite, loved by kids and parents alike. This is a low-FODMAP hamburger recipe that is juicy, tasty and delicious!
Top this low-FODMAP hamburger with a slice of cheddar or mozzarella, fresh lettuce and tomato, or maybe a thin slice of avocado (1/8 avocado is safe). Serve on your favorite low-FODMAP bun (I like Udi’s® Classic Hamburger Buns), or naked with a side of half a corn on the cob!
Safe low-FODMAP condiments for this low-FODMAP hamburger include those without high fructose corn syrup, such as mayonnaise, mustard, my low-FODMAP ketchup, low-FODMAP Pickles, low-FODMAP dips, or low-FODMAP BBQ sauce.
Check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog.
You may also love my:
- low-FODMAP Cheeseburger Pie
- low-FODMAP Touchdown Chili
- low-FODMAP Beef and Potato Stew
- low-FODMAP Italian Meatballs
- low-FODMAP Chicken Parmesan
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, M.D.
Mouthwatering Low-FODMAP Hamburgers; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Grill or cook on skillet
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- can substitute 1 & 1/2 teaspoons low-FODMAP Happy Spices Steak Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tbsp. natural/organic ketchup (I like my low-FODMAP ketchup recipe)
- Garlic- or shallot-infused olive oil for frying, if cooking on griddle
- Combine all ingredients except the oil in large bowl and mix
- Separate low-FODMAP meat mixture into 5 or more patties depending on desired thickness
- Grill the burgers or fry them in the infused oil on medium-high until cooked to your preference.
- Doesn’t this look perfect?? I love those grill marks.
- Top with your favorite selections…
- Juicy and mouth watering!