Moist Low-FODMAP Banana Chocolate Sheet Cake “Snack Cake”; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
July 4, 2020Printer Friendly Version
Baking shortcut time!
Here is a simple, amazingly moist, and super chocolate-y snack cake made with my low-FODMAP Happy Baking Chocolate Cake mix.
This has become my go-to recipe for my kids and their friends to enjoy. And it is so nice to be able to use up all my over-ripe bananas 🙂
You can serve this snack cake without any frosting, or enjoy it with my low-FODMAP Chocolate Buttercream, low-FODMAP Cream Cheese Frosting or low-FODMAP Vanilla Buttercream.
You may also love:
- Low-FODMAP Banana Bread
- Low-FODMAP Banana Layer Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream
- Low-FODMAP Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Low-FODMAP Strawberry Sheet Cake with Happy Baking Mix
- Low-FODMAP Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Or over 350 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog! IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
P.S. Did you know that I have a cookbook?! It’s the BEST!
That’s right! Order NOW on Amazon or click this link to learn more!!
Moist Low-FODMAP Banana Chocolate Sheet Cake “Snack Cake” Using Happy Baking Chocolate Cake Mix; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients (*using available FODMAP data at time of testing)
Prep time: 10 min
Bake time: 45-55 min
Total time: 55-65 min
Bake: 350 F
Equipment: 13 by 9 inch casserole pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-FODMAP milk (ex: almond milk for dairy-free or lactose-free milk)
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 ripe banana is one low-FODMAP serving
- 1 cup semisweet, dairy-free chocolate chips
- Optional: small amount of cocoa powder for dusting the chocolate chips
- Vegetable Shortening or Baking spray for pan
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place oven rack in center of oven
- Grease or spray your pan and set aside
- Stir the vinegar or lemon juice into the low-FODMAP milk; set aside
- In mixer, beat eggs on medium-low speed until light yellow
- Keeping mixer set to this speed, slowly add milk/vinegar mixture a little bit at a time, and mix until combined
- Next add the canola oil
- Switch mixer to low speed and gently add the contents of the mix packet into the mixing bowl. Blend until combined
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl and add the mashed banana
- Mix on low until just incorporated. Do not overmix
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand, if desired reserve 2 tbsp for sprinkling on top
- Baker’s trick: toss these in a small amount of cocoa powder before stirring in, that will reduce them sinking to the bottom (for a lighter cake, you can use low-FODMAP all-purpose flour instead of the cocoa)
- Bake in oven for 45-55 minutes or until a tester in the center comes out clean
- As ovens vary, your oven may need more/less time
- The edges may seem dry, but don’t worry, it will be very moist
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack prior to cutting and serving
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).