Low-FODMAP Vodka Smash Cocktail; Gluten-free, Vegan
December 16, 2018Printer Friendly Version
This is a simple recipe for a low-FODMAP Vodka Smash Cocktail that will be a crowd-pleaser at your next event. The orange, grape and lime flavors make this a light tasting, fresh and fun low-FODMAP Vodka Cocktail suitable for any occasion.
For an added twist- freeze some grapes and throw them in the glass for added color and an ice substitute.
Check out my blog for more ideas… we have over 400 more low-FODMAP recipes. See my low-FODMAP Cocktail and Drink List for tips on enjoying alcohol while following the low-FODMAP diet. Remember, drink in moderation 🙂
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Vodka Smash Cocktail Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients USING AVAILABLE FODMAP DATA AT TIME OF POSTING
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 ounces Vodka
- ½ lime
- 5 grapes
- About 6 grapes (28g) is one low-FODMAP serve for red seedless; 32g is one low-FODMAP serve for green grapes
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- A pinch of cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 2 packets low-FODMAP artificial sweetener (such as Splenda or Equal)
- 1 tablespoon Club Soda plus more for topping off, if desired
- Optional for added heat: 1/2 serrano chili, chopped
- Place all ingredients in cocktail shaker and muddle well
- Pour over ice and serve with lime garnish, grapes or orange peel
- Top off with Club Soda, if desired
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).