Low-FODMAP Chinese Vegetable Stir-Fry; Gluten-free, Vegan
December 21, 2017
This is a low-FODMAP Chinese Asian stir fry recipe for mixed vegetables that is easy, quick and always delicious. This is a super accompaniment to any low-FODMAP meal, or add some firm tofu for a great vegan low-FODMAP supper.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Beef and Noodle Stir-fry,
- low-FODMAP Sweet and Sour Chicken,
- low-FODMAP Pineappple Chicken Stir Fry
- low-FODMAP Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
- low-FODMAP Glazed Carrots.
Or peruse my blog for over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Vegetable Stir-fry; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 25 min
- 1 tablespoon oil (onion or garlic infused if desired)
- ½ cups broccoli florets (heads only)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup sliced water chesnuts
- ½ cup bamboo shoots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free, low-sodium, optional)
- 3 tablespoons low-FODMAP vegetable stock or chicken stock for non-vegan version
- Check out my low-FODMAP Happy Soup base for a simple staple for your pantry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or potato starch
- green scallion tips or toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat wok or large saute pan over medium heat and add the oil
- Once oil is warmed, decrease heat to medium-low and add the broccoli and water
- Stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green.
- Add carrots, water chestnuts, celery, bamboo shoots and ginger
- Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly tender
- In separate small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth and starch; mix well to dissolve
- Add to pan and stir-fry for about 1 minute until vegetables done to your taste
- Garnish with sesame seeds or scallions
- Serve with rice and your favorite low-FODMAP main course- like this low-FODMAP braised brisket, or this low-FODMAP sweet and sour chicken!