Low-FODMAP Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Mix (Cake Batter) Cookies; Gluten-free
July 25, 2020Printer Friendly Version
Here is another of my favorite baking shortcuts! This time it is low-FODMAP Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cookies, using my low-FODMAP Happy Baking Vanilla Cake Mix. The best cookie for a birthday or other party. My kids fight over these Vanilla Chocolate Chip cookies!!
I used a combination of organic all-vegetable shortening as well as butter for these low-FODMAP Cake Mix Cookies. The shortening has a higher melting point so the cookies won’t spread as much, and the butter provides that rich flavor everyone loves. However, if you want to make these without any dairy then you can opt for all shortening instead.
Feel free to make these with any of your favorite stir-ins instead of the chips. You can try sprinkles, white chocolate chunks, peanuts or dark chocolate M&M candies! These are so easy and quick to bake, you will probably find yourself making them often 🙂
You may also love my:
- Low- FODMAP Happy Baking Brownie Mix Cookies
- Low-FODMAP Double Chocolate Candy Cake Mix Cookies
- Low-FODMAP Peanut Butter and Jelly Mug Cake
- Low-FODMAP Strawberry Sheet Cake using Vanilla Happy Baking Cake Mix
- Low-FODMAP Maple Walnut Layer Cake
- Low-FODMAP Rainbow Celebration Cake
Or over 350 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog! IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Mix (or Cake Batter) Cookies using Happy Baking Vanilla Cake Mix; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Servings: 24 ; Yield 48 cookies (1-2 cookies per serve)
Prep time 10 mins plus chilling
Bake time: 12-14 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Bake: 350 F
- 1 box (26 ounces) Low-FODMAP Happy Baking Vanilla Cake Mix, certified gluten-free
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 10 ounces (about 1 & ¾ cups) semisweet chocolate chips, or other stir ins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and place rack in center of oven
- Note: I like to bake one cookie sheet at a time, but it will take longer that way. If you’d like to bake more than one sheet, then place racks in top and lower thirds of the oven and rotate the baking sheets halfway through the bake time
- Line 2-3 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liners
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with shortening, then add the eggs and 2 packets from your cake mix box (sugar and cake mix). Mix until incorporated, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl as necessary
- Stir in the chips by hand, gently
- Chill dough for 30 minutes, or if you have time, overnight is best
- I roll out my dough using plastic wrap into logs, then it is super easy to portion out following a night in my refrigerator!
- When ready to bake, drop chilled dough using a small cookie scoop to prepared sheet about 2 inches apart
- Place in oven until they are golden brown on the edges but slightly soft in the middle, about 12-15 minutes
- Cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes until set, then transfer to a rack to cool completely
Thin with crisp edges and soft delicious middle! Low-FODMAP Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies 🙂
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).