Touchdown Low-FODMAP Chili recipe using Slow Cooker; Gluten-free
January 27, 2017
I was inspired to share my favorite low-FODMAP chili recipe with all my fellow football fans. It is gluten-free, nutritious and delicious.
So easy! Just put in slow cooker and let that do the work. Best made one day ahead.
Try this with my low-FODMAP Happy Spices Taco Seasoning to make it even easier.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Slow-Cooker Beef and Potato Stew
- low-FODMAP Slow-Cooker Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
- low-FODMAP Nachos
- low-FODMAP Buffalo Wings
- low-FODMAP Tacos
Or check out over 300 low-FODMAP recipes on my blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Touchdown Low-FODMAP Chili Recipe using Slow-Cooker; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours slow cooker on low
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef (can also substitute chicken, turkey or veal)
- 8 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 & 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup fresh or canned diced tomatoes (no onion or garlic added)
- 1/2 cup, 65 grams (about 1-2 ears) fresh corn kernels (can also use fresh-frozen)
- 38 g of sweet corn is one low-FODMAP serving
- Canned corn has higher FODMAP levels, do not substitute
- 1 tablespoon each: garlic-infused oil and onion-infused oil
- infused oils are available at local markets, or infused oil boutiques (several near my home), also at Fresh Market stores (my low-FODMAP recipe swap blog has some tips on this)
- if you can’t find any, you can infuse your own- several websites describe this step by step
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons low-FODMAP Happy Spices Taco Seasoning
- Can also substitute:
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder (several blended spice mixes have added onion or garlic, ensure you use pure chili)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Can also substitute:
- Optional toppings:
- cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh cilantro
- lactose-free sour cream
- Brown beef in oil in saucepan on medium-high (about 5-7 minutes)
- I prefer not to drain my beef after browning (for added flavor of the fats), but if desired you could drain the beef after this step
- Place browned beef in slow cooker with all other ingredients and mix well to combine
- Cook on low for eight hours
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese (1/2 cup is one low-FODMAP serving) and lactose-free sour cream
- Serve with low-FODMAP corn chips, my low-FODMAP Homemade Butter Crackers with Sea Salt or my low-FODMAP Cornbread/ Corn Muffins
- This low-FODMAP Chili recipe is fantastic!