Low-FODMAP Strawberry or Raspberry Coulis/Preserves Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
November 10, 2017Printer Friendly Version
This is a wonderful low-FODMAP strawberry coulis that can be made with raspberries as well. Low-FODMAP strawberry coulis is a delectable spread for low-FODMAP maple egg bread, or low-FODMAP french toast.
This low-FODMAP Strawberry Coulis is the perfect layer for my low-FODMAP Strawberry Oat Bars I also use it as a topping for low-FODMAP vanilla ice cream and low-FODMAP flourless chocolate cake. Low-FODMAP berry coulis is sweet and fresh tasting!
Browse my blog for over 300 more free low-FODMAP recipes.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Rachel’s Low-FODMAP Strawberry or Raspberry Coulis/Sauce; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients USING AVAILABLE FODMAP DATA AT TIME OF POSTING
Serving size: 1 tablespoon
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries or raspberries- whole or cut into chunks (no sugar added)
- about 120 g of raspberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 TB lemon juice
- Place berries, sugar and lemon juice into pot
- Bring to boil over medium heat for 2 minutes
- Place in blender or processor and puree until smooth (or serve whole)
- Strain seeds if desired
- Store in mason jar in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks
- Serve it over your favorite low-FODMAP ice cream…
- Or pair it with my amazing low-FODMAP Strawberry Oat Bar recipe, or the luxurious low-FODMAP flourless chocolate cake!
Printer Friendly Version