Low-FODMAP Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting; Gluten-free
May 23, 2020Printer Friendly Version
Decadent, rich and amazing anytime. Low-FODMAP Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting is the BEST when paired with my low-FODMAP Happy Baking Chocolate Cake. Such an easy way to create a fancy layer cake that will impress everyone.
Drizzling the low-FODMAP Chocolate Ganache over the top takes this cake to the next level!
You may also love:
- Low-FODMAP Happy Baking Fudgy Brownies
- Low-FODMAP Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Low-FODMAP Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- Low-FODMAP Lime Margarita Cake
- Low-FODMAP Banana Layer Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
Or over 400 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog! IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Gorgeous Low-FODMAP Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting with low-FODMAP Chocolate Layer Cake and Chocolate Ganache
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients USING AVAILABLE FODMAP DATA AT TIME OF POSTING
Prep time: 30 min
For low-FODMAP Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8-oz.) package lactose-free cream cheese, softened and chopped into chunks
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 16 tbsp) butter or low-FODMAP vegan margarine; softened and chopped into chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup low-FODMAP strawberry coulis, prepared (or substitute strawberry preserves without high fructose corn syrup)
- 2 & 1/2 to 3 & 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar (depending on your desired consistency and your cream cheese you may need more or less sugar)
For Low-FODMAP Chocolate Cake:
- 1 Happy Baking low-FODMAP Chocolate Layer Cake, prepared per directions and cooled
For Chocolate Ganache:
- Low-FODMAP Chocolate Ganache; allow it to sit for about 30 minutes before drizzling on the cake as below (it will harden as it cools)
- Strawberries or low-FODMAP Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
For low-FODMAP Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using the flat paddle attachment of your stand mixer, beat the butter or low-FODMAP vegan spread and lactose-free cream cheese until creamy
- Add the strawberry coulis and vanilla, and beat until combined
- It may seem a bit clumpy at this point, don’t worry it will smooth out with the sugar addition
- Slowly add in the confectioner’s sugar until well creamed, and smooth, scraping down the bowl as necessary
- For a soft, spreadable frosting you may only need 2.5 cups sugar, but if you want to pipe your frosting it will need to be a bit thicker
- Spread, or pipe over your preferred dessert, or prep with the layer chocolate cake as per below!
To decorate low-FODMAP Happy Baking Chocolate Cake:
- When cake is cooled, frost layers and middle as desired, then chill in your fridge prior to adding the ganache
- Spread and drizzle slightly cooled low-FODMAP Chocolate Ganache over top and garnish with fresh strawberries or chocolate strawberries
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately, allow to come to room temperature for best flavor
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).