Low-FODMAP Spinach Salad with Cranberries & Pumpkin Seeds & Low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinagrette; Gluten-free
February 1, 2018Printer Friendly Version
This is a light, fresh and fancy low-FODMAP Spinach Salad recipe. It goes wonderfully with a festive meal, or just about any night of the week. The addition of low-FODMAP cranberries and pumpkin seeds adds powerful antioxidants and a fantastic flavor. A little sweet and a little savory!
The low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinaigrette salad dressing is tangy and delicious, making it the perfect complement to this gorgeous low-FODMAP Spinach Salad. Try this low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinaigrette with a tossed salad too. Your family will love it!
Homemade salad dressing is so much better than store-bought brands. The taste is so satisfying, and with fresh and natural ingredients your tummy will be pleased as well.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Caesar Salad,
- low-FODMAP Southwest Salad
- low-FODMAP Salad in a Jar with Asian Peanut Salad Dressing
- low-FODMAP Smoked Gouda and Spinach Quiche Tart
- low-FODMAP Strawberry Spinach Salad with Pecans and Poppyseed Dressing
Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Spinach Salad with Cranberries and Pumpkin Seeds and Low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 10 min
For the Low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinaigrette:
Note: Yields about 3/4 cup dressing
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (no onion or garlic additives- I use Maille Dijon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the Low-FODMAP Spinach Salad:
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 52 g dried cranberries (about 1/2 cup), no added juices/fruit extracts
- cranberries and sugar usually only listed ingredients
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seed kernels (salted or unsalted)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced parmesan cheese
Prepare the low-FODMAP Maple Dijon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Whisk together maple syrup, Dijon, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth
- Add the red wine vinegar, 4 tablespoons water, and olive oil, whisking until well-combined
- Refrigerate until use
- May be prepared in advance
Prepare the salad
- Combine the spinach, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl
- Add the vinaigrette, and toss until well-coated
- Divide the salad evenly among 4 plates
- Arrange the parmesan slices evenly over each salad
- Serve immediately
- Goes perfectly with my low-FODMAP traditional dinner rolls!
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
I really enjoyed this salad! I was a little unsure about mixing cinnamon with mustard but it was good! Easy to make. I will make it again! Thanks!
Thank you so much for posting your review! It’s lovely to read! Stay in touch and have a great day!!