Low-FODMAP Skillet Salted Caramel Pecan “Turtle” Brownie; Gluten-free
January 13, 2023Printer Friendly Version
Amazing shortcut recipe ahead!
Low-FODMAP Skillet Caramel Pecan a.k.a Turtle Brownies. The homemade caramel is made in the pan first, with the pecans. Then this mixes with the brownie batter and bakes, creating a gooey, rich, sweet, and delicious FUDGY dessert. The cast iron pan keeps the brownies warm and gooey. It’s incredible.
If you prefer to avoid nuts, then just enjoy a Skillet Salted Caramel Brownie. Simply omit the steps for the pecans and sprinkle with a little extra sea salt.
Top this with your favorite low-FODMAP Vanilla Ice cream (check out my low-FODMAP Ice Cream Taste Test) and your family will ask for this every special occasion.
Don’t forget how easy it is with our low-FODMAP Certified Happy Baking Fudgy Brownie Mix. You will love these brownies!
Or, if you want a scratch low-FODMAP Brownie recipe, we have that too 🙂
You may also love my:
- Low-FODMAP Peppermint Brownies
- Low-FODMAP Brownie Mix Cookies with Happy Baking Brownie Mix
- Low-FODMAP Cappuccino Swirl Brownies
- Low-FODMAP Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Low-FODMAP Molten Lava Cakes
- Low-FODMAP Chocolate Mug Cake
Or check out over 450 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
P.S. Check out my COOKBOOK for over 100 low-FODMAP recipes, low-FODMAP Meal Plan, FODMAP Tips and everything you need!! It’s the BEST!
While this recipe has not been lab tested a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients (using available FODMAP data at time of posting)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
Total time: 45-50 minutes
Bake: 350 F
Equipment: One 10-inch cast iron skillet, electric mixer
For low-FODMAP Brownie Layer
- 1 box Happy Baking low-FODMAP Fudgy Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For Caramel Pecan “Turtle” Layer
- 1 cup (125 g) coarsely chopped pecans
- 20 g is one low-FODMAP serving
- If you are allergic or don’t like nuts, then skip this ingredient altogether
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- If you use unsalted butter then add 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup is one low-FODMAP serving
- Low-FODMAP vanilla ice cream
- Whole pecans
- Sea salt
- Chocolate Chips, Low-FODMAP Hot Fudge or Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F, place rack in center of oven
- In a medium mixing bowl, by hand or with electric mixer, combine all the ingredients for the brownie layer, set aside
- Heat a 10 inch cast-iron or other heavy oven-safe skillet over medium heat
- Add chopped pecans; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until very lightly toasted
- Turn heat to low and add 1/4 cup butter to skillet; stir to melt, then add the 1/2 cup brown sugar to skillet
- Cook and stir until mixture bubbles and brown sugar begins to melt (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in the salt (add the extra if using unsalted butter)
- Remove skillet from heat and carefully add 1/2 cup cream to skillet. Return to heat; cook and stir until the cream is combined and the sugar is completely melted
- Spread the brownie batter over the caramel pecan layer. Sprinkle with additional sea salt, if desired
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until just set
- I suggest putting a shallow baking pan on the rack below to catch any drips, just in case
- It will continue cooking in the pan, but still be soft inside. If you prefer a more ‘set’ brownie, then increase bake time to your preference
- Remove from oven and cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm with low-FODMAP ice cream and additional pecans
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).