Marvelous Low-FODMAP Roasted Chicken with Maple and Rosemary; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
August 14, 2017
This is a traditional, whole bird low-FODMAP roasted chicken recipe that can also be modified for turkey. Although simple to prepare, the taste is nothing short of marvelous. Perfect for a low-FODMAP Thanksgiving menu or the holiday season!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Marvelous Roasted Chicken with Maple and Rosemary Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
While this recipe has not been tested a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Modified from ‘Norene’s Healthy Kitchen’, Norene Gilletz, 2008.
Prep time: 15 minutes, marinate up to 2 days, bake time 1.25 hours.
Bake: 375 F
- 1 whole chicken (3.5 lb)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1TB olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crumbled or 1 tsp low-FODMAP Happy Spices Italian Seasoning
- Optional garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- Rinse chicken well and pat dry with paper towels
- Trim fat
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika
- In small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, maple syrup and rosemary or Happy Spices Italian Seasoning for marinade
- Mix well
- Coat chicken with marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days
- Bake at 375 F uncovered for about 1¼ hours or until golden
- Baste occasionally if desired
- Low-FODMAP drippings may be placed in gravy boat and served on side
- Garnish with fresh rosemary
- Enjoy with my low-FODMAP smashed salt and vinegar potatoes, your favorite veggies, low-FODMAP stuffing or low-FODMAP sweet potato casserole!
- This low-FODMAP Roasted Chicken with Maple and Rosemary is my absolute favorite Friday meal!