Dazzling Low-FODMAP Rainbow Celebration Cake / White Wedding Cake; Gluten-free
October 1, 2017Printer Friendly Version
This low-FODMAP rainbow celebration cake is the most dazzling low-FODMAP treat you will ever have!
You can change it up: use black and orange colors for Hallowe’en, add sprinkles instead for a low-FODMAP confetti birthday cake…so many choices!
Or just keep it plain white and enjoy at a wedding or other special occasion. It makes an ideal low-FODMAP White Wedding Cake. Use my low-FODMAP White Buttercream Frosting for the perfect combination.
This low-FODMAP cake is gluten free and tastes fantastic.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Dazzling Low-FODMAP Rainbow (White) Birthday/ Wedding Cake; Gluten-free
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 20 min
Total time: 35 min (plus additional time for frosting/decorating if desired)
Bake 375 F
- 2 x 9 inch round cake pans
- Can also make 24 cupcakes
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
- 1 & ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup (8 TB) unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend flour (you can use other Gluten-free flour, see why I prefer this one)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 TB baking powder
- ½ tsp xanthan gum (if your flour has this added already, can omit)
- ¾ cup lactose-free low-FODMAP milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Assorted food colorings of your choice
- Use my low-FODMAP vegan white wedding ‘buttercream’ frosting recipe, or my low-FODMAP vegan vanilla ‘buttercream’
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line two 9 inch round pans with parchment and spray
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixing bowl and add eggs one at a time blending well between each one
- Scrape down bowl, bottom and sides
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, milk and vanilla
- Beat on medium for 1 minute
- Separate the batter into 6 or more small bowls
- Add food color one drop at a time to each and lightly stir until desired color
- I mixed yellow and green to make light green, and blue and red for purple 🙂
- Drop batter into pans in random fashion
- Bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick in center comes out clean; as ovens vary your oven may take more/less time
- Cool for 7 min, invert cake and cool further or freeze until use
- Frost with vanilla buttercream and garnish with sprinkles, candies or other decorations
- Moist and yummy!
- This low-FODMAP Rainbow Celebration cake is so much fun to eat!
Printer Friendly Version