Scrumptious Low-FODMAP Pumpkin Butter; Gluten-free, Vegan
August 17, 2017
This low-FODMAP pumpkin butter is smooth, sweet and oh-so-good. It tastes like a spoonful of fresh baked pumpkin pie.
Peruse the blog for over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes and plenty of pumpkin inspiration! Low-FODMAP Pumpkin Pie, low-FODMAP Pumpkin Bars, low-FODMAP Pumpkin Bread Pudding and low-FODMAP Pumpkin Cookies.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Pumpkin Butter Recipe, Gluten-free, Vegan
While this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
For vegan recipe, please ensure vegan certified sugar is used
Serves 8 or more
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin (note ¼ cup of canned pumpkin is low-FODMAP)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 months