Sweet and Salty Low-FODMAP Popcorn/Kettle-Corn Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
July 9, 2019
Low-FODMAP kettle corn is my absolute favorite treat for family movie nights, entertaining, kids parties and more! This super quick, easy and inexpensive low-FODMAP popcorn tastes so much better than store- bought…you won’t believe your taste buds! Low-FODMAP kettle popcorn is also a great source of fiber that won’t upset your tummy.
You can also string this low-FODMAP popcorn around your home for the holidays, or else make it into the perfect low-FODMAP stocking stuffer.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Kettle Popcorn Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Cook time: 5 Minutes
Makes about 14 cups
(7 cups is 1 serving based on FODMAPs, but it is a lot of low-FODMAP popcorn! Similar to a large movie- theater popcorn)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt (alter based on your preference)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat
- Put one kernel in the pot. When it pops, the oil is hot enough
- Add the popcorn and sugar. Give the kernels a quick stir and then cover with a lid
- I usually put on oven mitts and the whole time I swirl the pot on the burner so the kernels get evenly heated and don’t burn
- Once the popping slows down, remove immediately from the heat and pour the kettle corn into a large bowl
- If you don’t take it off the heat it will burn the sugar
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately
- Best low-FODMAP Movie night snack EVER!