Low-FODMAP Phyllo Wrapped Baked Brie with Brown Sugar & Nuts
November 2, 2019Printer Friendly Version
As soon as I heard that phyllo pastry is low in FODMAPs (20 grams is a low-FODMAP serving) I rushed to my recipe box to find my mom’s old baked brie recipe. Although her sweet and creamy baked brie recipe called for raisins and apples, I like it even better with just nuts and the sweet glaze. You will be so happy to have this recipe for entertaining!
This low-FODMAP Phyllo Wrapped Baked Brie is the absolute best holiday or special evening appetizer or dessert. It goes perfectly with low-FODMAP Butter Crackers, low-FODMAP fruit and squares of dark chocolate. So smooth and rich, with the perfect accents of the cinnamon sugar nuts.
This low-FODMAP recipe uses sheets of phyllo pastry and it is super easy. Prep in just 15 minutes and you have a gorgeous and impressive side dish in under an hour. Note, however, that while it is low-FODMAP, it is not gluten-free.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Baked Crab Dip
- low-FODMAP Sweet and Sticky Sesame Ginger Chicken Wings
- low-FODMAP Coconut Crusted Shrimp with Orange Dipping Sauce
- low-FODMAP Christmas and Holiday Recipe Collection
Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Phyllo Wrapped Baked Brie with Brown Sugar and Nuts
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 15 min, Cool time 15 min
Total time: 30 min + cooling
Bake 400 F
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- If yours aren’t toasted, you will need to toast them first. Place on baking sheet at 350 F for about 15 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 4-5 sheets (60 g) phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1 (13.2-ounce, 370 g) round Brie
- 40 g tested to have trace amounts of FODMAPs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with silicone liner or parchment
- In a medium mixing bowl combine toasted nuts, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and optional bourbon
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo pastry on cookie sheet; lightly brush with some of the melted butter
- Place another sheet of phyllo on top perpendicular to the first; lightly brush with some of the melted butter
- Place remaining sheets of phyllo crosswise over first two sheets; brush each lightly with some of the remaining butter
- Remove paper from cheese; leave rind on
- Place cheese round on center of phyllo sheets
- Spoon nut mixture over cheese
- Fold sides into the center sequentially, brushing butter on all the layers with each fold. I followed this video. Brush with remaining butter over the top.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool 15 minutes before serving
- Best served warm
- Serve with low-FODMAP Homemade Butter Crackers and low-FODMAP fruit
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).