Low-FODMAP No-Bake Oats & Chocolate Cookies; Gluten-free, Vegan, Nut-free
February 29, 2020Printer Friendly Version
Here is a simple, absolutely delicious, no-bake, low-FODMAP Oats & Chocolate Cookie recipe, that is also nut-free, gluten-free and vegan. Everyone can enjoy these little babies.
While so many of the ‘no-bake’ cookie recipes use a nut butter to add texture, I wanted to try something a little different. These no-bake oatmeal cookies have an amazing butter and sugar flavor, similar to standard oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
And guess what else? My low-FODMAP No-Bake Oats & Chocolate Cookies are prepped in 20 minutes, and don’t require any fancy equipment.
Low-FODMAP Healthy Chocolate Cookie happiness is just one-pot away!
You may also love my:
- Low-FODMAP Happy Baking Fudgy Brownie Mix
- Low-FODMAP No-Bake Peanut Butter 2 cereal bars
- Low-FODMAP Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Low-FODMAP Double Chocolate Chewy Fudge Cookies
- Low-FODMAP Oatmeal Cookies
- Low-FODMAP Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Read about my Top 5 Reasons for my Favorite low-FODMAP Energy bars! Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP No-Bake Oats & Chocolate Cookies; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Yield: 24-26 cookies
Serving size: 1-2 cookies
Prep time: 10 min plus chilling
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 20 min plus chilling
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces (can also substitute a low-FODMAP vegan spread for the vegan version)
- For faster melting, start with room temperature butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- ½ cup low-FODMAP milk (such as lactose-free whole milk or unsweetened almond milk for vegans)
- 2 & 1/2 cups old-fashioned (traditional) rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup (190 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy-free for vegan version)
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with wax paper, set aside
- In a medium saucepan, place butter or vegan spread and melt over medium-low heat
- Stir both sugars, then low-FODMAP milk into the melted butter
- Turn heat to medium and stir until lightly boiling (watch so it doesn’t burn)
- Turn heat down to medium low and stir for 2 minutes
- Turn off heat and add oats, salt, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Stir in the chocolate chips until melted
- Mix well with a spatula
- Scoop small spoonfuls (I used a small cookie scoop) of the mixture onto wax paper and press slightly with back of spoon
- Let them cool and harden for 30 minutes to an hour (can also place in fridge)
- They may seem pretty soft, but they will harden and dry out, don’t worry
- Store at room temperature, in a sealed container
These low-FODMAP Oats & Chocolate Cookies are super addictive! So soft and delicious.
Printer Friendly Version