Low-FODMAP Hearty Hamburger Soup; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
March 12, 2022Printer Friendly Version
Low-FODMAP. Hamburger Soup. 30 minutes. One Pot.
You heard that right!
This is a quick, delicious and hearty recipe for low-FODMAP Hamburger Soup. It warms you up from the inside out. Make it dairy-free, or serve it with some grated cheese over top. It is also gluten-free!
Low-FODMAP Hamburger Soup is great with a crusty low-FODMAP Bread, or low-FODMAP, GF Crackers. If you tolerate gluten, then many white wheat sourdough breads are also low in FODMAPs (check if they have been fermented overnight as this reduces the fructans in the wheat).
This low-FODMAP Hamburger Soup recipe can be modified for other types of meat (chicken, turkey or pork) if you like!
You may also love:
- Low-FODMAP Baked Potato Soup
- Low-FODMAP Mouthwatering Hamburgers
- Low-FODMAP Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Low-FODMAP Cheeseburger Pie
- Low-FODMAP Swedish Meatballs
- Low-FODMAP Minestrone Soup
- Low-FODMAP Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Or check out over 450 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients (using available FODMAP data at time of posting)
Serves: 6-8 (Yields about 2 quarts)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 45 min
Equipment: Large saucepan or Dutch Oven
- 1 pound (16 ounces) ground beef
- I used lean beef
- 4 cups low-FODMAP Beef Broth
- Try low-FODMAP Certified Happy Soup for an amazing option!
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 ounces is one low-FODMAP serving due to fructans
- Select a brand without added onion or garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion infused oil
- Infused oils contain all the flavor but NOT FODMAPs! See my low-FODMAP Grocery Shopping list for places to find these amazing products
- 3 medium carrots, (200g) sliced
- 2 large potatoes (500g), peeled and cubed
- I used Yukon Gold
- 1 stalk (30 g) chopped celery
- 10 g is one low-FODMAP serving due to mannitol
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Certified low-FODMAP Happy Spices Italian Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons is one low-FODMAP serving due to fructans
- 1 cup (115g) cut fresh or fresh frozen green beans (defrosted)
- 75 g is one low-FODMAP serving due to sorbitol
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, fresh oregano
- In a large saucepan with lid, brown beef (about 5 minutes) over medium heat
- Drain beef if desired
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pot except the green beans and tomato paste
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Taste broth, and if desired add tomato paste and stir well
- Add in the green beans then cover and simmer about another 5-15 minutes until the beans are tender (will vary depending on whether you used frozen or fresh)
- Serve topped with cheese and garnished with fresh oregano along your favorite low-FODMAP crackers or low-FODMAP bread!
Printer Friendly Version