Low-FODMAP Grilled Flank Steak Tacos and Low-FODMAP Salsa; Gluten-free
February 24, 2018Printer Friendly Version
Ahh, a fantastic grilled low-FODMAP dinner. I love low-FODMAP steak tacos, and this recipe does not disappoint.
A perfect combination of low-FODMAP grilled steak (could also substitute chicken or fish), vegetables, fresh flavors, and low-FODMAP salsa. This is an ideal recipe for any summertime barbecue, or make it indoors in a skillet for a chilly night treat. Using my low-FODMAP Happy Spices Taco Seasoning makes it a snap.
You may also love my low-FODMAP Hard Shell Tacos recipe, or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog!
Read about the BEST low-FODMAP Energy Bar/Protein Bars here.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Grilled Flank Steak Tacos and Low-FODMAP salsa; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 35 min with cooking; can also prepare steak ahead and marinate overnight
Can be grilled or prepared in cast iron skillet
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons low-FODMAP Happy Spices Taco Seasoning
- Can also substitute:
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Can also substitute:
- 1 TB garlic infused olive oil
- 1.5 lb flank steak or skirt steak (can substitute chicken or tilapia/mahi-mahi if desired)
- 12 x 6 inch corn tortillas (warmed, check ingredients are gluten-free and low-FODMAP)
- 2 cobs fresh corn (if grilling. Otherwise steam or microwave corn and remove niblets)
- 2 green peppers, sliced (can also grill these whole and slice after)
- Additional oil, if preparing in skillet
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime wedges
- Low-FODMAP Salsa
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat cast iron skillet or grill to medium heat (or if marinating steak overnight, plan this step later)
- Mix seasonings in a bowl
- Rub steak with oil and coat with spices
- Let stand 10 minutes, or leave overnight to marinate
- In pan or in barbeque basket, grill corn on cob and green peppers until soft
- Set aside
- Slice kernels off corn cobs and stir with peppers, or leave each separate
- Grill steak uncovered, or fry in additional oil until medium rare, or desired doneness
(Look at that beautiful juicy medium-rare low-FODMAP steak)
- Cut steak across the grain into strips and divide into corn tortillas
- Top with vegetables, shredded lettuce, cheese, salsa and garnish with lime wedges and cilantro
- Perfectly seasoned, these low-FODMAP steak tacos are fantastic!
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).