Low-FODMAP Greek Tzatziki Sauce/ Dip; Gluten-free
July 12, 2018Printer Friendly Version
Creamy, tangy, fresh and flavorful. This low-FODMAP Tzatziki Dip/Sauce is the perfect topping for a low-FODMAP Chicken or low-FODMAP Lamb Gyro, french fries or low-FODMAP Balsamic Grilled Vegetables.
For other low-FODMAP recipe inspiration, check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Hummus using canned chickpeas
- low-FODMAP Tartar Sauce
- low-FODMAP Spaghetti Sauce/Marinara
- low-FODMAP Ranch Dip
- low-FODMAP Mayonnaise
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Greek Tzatziki Dip/Sauce; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 15 minutes plus overnight for marinating (optional)
Serves 6 or more
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, peeled
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt or lactose-free yogurt (Note: greek yogurts vary in lactose content, test for your tolerance)
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or fresh mint (or both depending on preference)
- Grate the cucumber and press out moisture with a paper towel
- Combine the yogurt, garlic infused oil, vinegar, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl
- If possible- let this mixture marinate in fridge overnight, along with cucumber wrapped in paper towel
- Add the grated cucumber and fresh dill to the yogurt mixture and stir to combine
- Refrigerate until use, lasts in refrigerator for about 1 week
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
Hi! When do you add the lemon juice?
Sorry about the missing information! You add the lemon juice with all the ingredients in the second step. We have fixed the recipe, Thanks so much 😊
Hi Rachel! What do you recommend using for dipping? Making this for mom moms bday as she’s on a low fodmap diet for her stomach
Thank you for your question!
We like to use tzaziki on vegetables, plain potato chips, rice crackers and other snacks that are low-FODMAP.
(We aren’t sure if you are hoping for a detailed answer- feel free to check out our Low-FODMAP Guide for more food lists and great information!!)
Also for other great dip choices you may want to try our:
low-FODMAP Ranch Dip
low-FODMAP Asian Peanut Dressing
low-FODMAP Green Goddess recipes!!
Good luck 😊