Low-FODMAP Five Minute Chocolate Chip Microwave Cookie; Gluten-free
April 17, 2019
Sometimes I find myself searching in the pantry for a low-FODMAP sweet treat and feel frustrated that I have nothing easy to grab. My low-FODMAP Mug Cakes (like my low-FODMAP Pumpkin Mug Cake, low-FODMAP Chocolate Mug Cake and low-FODMAP PB & J Mug Cake) usually fill that void. But sometimes I crave a low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookie.
So I created a low-FODMAP 5 Minute microwave chocolate chip cookie recipe. For those times when you just want to have one. How can you say no to a warm, melty, rich and delicious low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookie?
Now you can enjoy this low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Microwave Cookie too. This low-FODMAP recipe results in an ooey, gooey sweet and moist low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookie in under 5 minutes! So easy. Make it in a mug or a ramekin- it works either way.
You may also love my low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookies and low-FODMAP No-Bake Energy Bites. Or check out over 200 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog, IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Five Minute Low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Microwave Cookie; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: About 1 minute
Equipment: Microwave, mug or ramekin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 tbsp low-FODMAP, gluten-free flour (I use Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend for best results- see my low-FODMAP bake off blog for my reasons!)
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (about 30 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds, then mix together with all ingredients except chocolate chips
- Add the chocolate chips (reserving a few for sprinkling if desired), and give a final stir
- Mixture should look like cookie dough
- Add a few chocolate chips to the top of the low-FODMAP cookie dough if you like
- Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds
- Mine took the full minute
- If you like your low-FODMAP cookies a little undercooked, then adjust as necessary
- Serve immediately, top with low-FODMAP Ice Cream or low-FODMAP Whipped Cream
- Do you want the next bite? 😉