Low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
December 2, 2018Printer Friendly Version
Is your favorite part of baking cookies eating the raw cookie dough? I can’t lie, my favorite part of baking anything is ‘testing’ it while it is mixing. That’s the best way to know if it will taste good…right?
When I make any of my low-FODMAP baked goods I am the first one to lick the whisks, or the beaters, or the bowl, or the spatula. YUM.
So this low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough recipe is the perfect treat! Plus you don’t have to worry about consuming raw eggs or flour. This low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough is ideal for creating little low-FODMAP Cookie Dough Bites- which you can also dip in chocolate for a low-FODMAP Cookie Dough Truffle. Or else you can use it in a low-FODMAP Ice Cream Recipe for low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
The possibilities for this low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough recipe are endless 🙂
This may be the best 15 minute low-FODMAP recipe you own.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- low-FODMAP Snickerdoodle Cookies
- low-FODMAP Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- low-FODMAP Blondies
Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Serves 48, serving size 1 tablespoon
Prep time: 15 mins
Note: for vegans, ensure vegan certified ingredients are used
- 1 cup brown sugar (both light or dark will work)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter or low-FODMAP vegan spread (for dairy-free, vegan version)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-FODMAP, gluten-free flour
- 1-2 tablespoons low-FODMAP milk (such as lactose-free or almond milk for dairy-free, vegan version)
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand dairy-free)
- Heat treat your low-FODMAP flour by placing it in a microwave safe bowl and heating on high for 50-60 seconds until the internal temperature reaches 166°F (this kills bacteria that may be harmful if consumed)
- You can also opt to bake your flour instead
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter or low-FODMAP vegan spread
- Beat until fluffy and light in color, about 1 minute
- Add in the vanilla and salt and mix
- Slowly add the low-FODMAP flour
- Add low-FODMAP milk one tablespoon at a time and beat until dough starts to come together and is the correct consistency for spooning
- Stir in the miniature chocolate chips by hand
- Store in refrigerator in jar or enjoy immediately…
Check out my low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream recipe too!
Printer Friendly Version