Low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
December 2, 2018Printer Friendly Version
Is your favorite part of baking cookies eating the raw cookie dough? I can’t lie, my favorite part of baking anything is ‘testing’ it while it is mixing. That’s the best way to know if it will taste good…right?
When I make any of my low-FODMAP baked goods I am the first one to lick the whisks, or the beaters, or the bowl, or the spatula. YUM.
So this low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough recipe is the perfect treat! Plus you don’t have to worry about consuming raw eggs or flour. This low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough is ideal for creating little low-FODMAP Cookie Dough Bites- which you can also dip in chocolate for a low-FODMAP Cookie Dough Truffle. Or else you can use it in a low-FODMAP Ice Cream Recipe for low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
The possibilities for this low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough recipe are endless 🙂
This may be the best 15 minute low-FODMAP recipe you own.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- low-FODMAP Snickerdoodle Cookies
- low-FODMAP Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- low-FODMAP Blondies
Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Edible Cookie Dough; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Serves 48, serving size 1 tablespoon
Prep time: 15 mins
Note: for vegans, ensure vegan certified ingredients are used
- 1 cup brown sugar (both light or dark will work)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter or low-FODMAP vegan spread (for dairy-free, vegan version)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-FODMAP, gluten-free flour
- 1-2 tablespoons low-FODMAP milk (such as lactose-free or almond milk for dairy-free, vegan version)
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand dairy-free)
- Heat treat your low-FODMAP flour by placing it in a microwave safe bowl and heating on high for 50-60 seconds until the internal temperature reaches 166°F (this kills bacteria that may be harmful if consumed)
- You can also opt to bake your flour instead
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter or low-FODMAP vegan spread
- Beat until fluffy and light in color, about 1 minute
- Add in the vanilla and salt and mix
- Slowly add the low-FODMAP flour
- Add low-FODMAP milk one tablespoon at a time and beat until dough starts to come together and is the correct consistency for spooning
- Stir in the miniature chocolate chips by hand
- Store in refrigerator in jar or enjoy immediately…
Check out my low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream recipe too!
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
Wish I could get your recipes in book form where I won’t have to run from to computer to kitchen and back to make the recipe, can read it at leisure, get only the recipe and not all the pictures, and generally make my life easier.
Thank you for your comment! We do plan to release a cookbook later this year. Stay tuned and we appreciate your support.
My college age daughter and I like to make this for a treat on a “girls movie night”! It is VERY good and nice to know you are safe eating dough w/o raw eggs.
This is so lovely to hear, it warms our heart! Thank you SO much for sharing your comment. Have a wonderful day 🙂