Low-FODMAP ‘Copycat’ Chick-Fil-A Sauce; Gluten-free, Vegan
November 11, 2020Printer Friendly Version
My low-FODMAP ‘Copycat’ Chick-Fil-A Sauce was inspired completely by food envy.
I was jealous of my family dipping their nuggets and fries galore, AND I wanted a simple, less expensive way to have this amazing flavor. Now we can enjoy it all the time!
Who knew it would be this easy (5 minutes) and this tasty (SOOO GOOD)?
My low-FODMAP ‘Copycat’ Chick-Fil-A Sauce uses light corn syrup (or maple syrup) in place of honey, so it is a bit less yellow colored than the original version, and since there are no preservatives or fillers it is slightly thinner.
However, the taste is fresher, cleaner and much healthier than the packet variety. You are going to LOVE it.
Low-FODMAP ‘Copycat’ Chick-Fil-A Sauce is going to become a staple at your house. It goes perfectly with low-FODMAP Chicken Nuggets (natch), low-FODMAP Turkey Burgers and low-FODMAP Hamburgers.
Or use it to dip your favorite homemade or store bought french fries (like me). YUM.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Four Delicious Sauces, Dressings and Dips
- low-FODMAP Hummus using canned chickpeas
- low-FODMAP Greek Tzaziki Sauce
- low-FODMAP ‘Copycat’ Panera Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- low-FODMAP Ketchup
- low-FODMAP Best ‘Copycat’ Recipes
Or check out over 350 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Yield: About 21 tablespoons, 2 tablespoons per serving (10-11 servings)
Prep time: 5 M plus chilling
Total time: 5 M
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon is one low-FODMAP serving
- Select brands without added onion and garlic ingredients
- 1/4 cup low-FODMAP Barbecue Sauce, prepared or store bought
- 2 tablespoons is one low-FODMAP serving
- Always select a brand of barbecue sauce that you enjoy, as this will impact the final taste of your sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1/4 lemon)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons full fat (regular) mayonnaise
- For vegan version, opt for a vegan mayonnaise with low-FODMAP ingredients (Best Foods has an option)
- I like Hellman’s brand regular mayonnaise
- Avoid mayonnaise with high fructose corn syrup and added onion/garlic, or make your own using my recipe!
In a bowl or jar whisk ingredients together well
Taste, and add additional syrup or other desired seasonings (you may also want to add a pinch of paprika, or touch of sugar)
Refrigerate one hour or longer before serving (tastes even better a day ahead)
- Lasts in the fridge for 5-7 days in sealed container
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
Love this sauce! Not a perfect replica but I think it tastes better. Thank you for your recipes they are a godsend.
See my review above! Oops
You made our day 🙂
Have a wonderful holiday season!
Loved it. I could eat it with a spoon!
Amazing! Thanks so much for your comment Linda. We do agree with you!