Sinful Low-FODMAP Chocolate Ice Cream Pie/Mississippi Mud Pie Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
August 27, 2017Printer Friendly Version
Low-FODMAP Mississippi Mud Pie…I used to order this (not low-FODMAP version) at my favorite burger joint in years past, and it was always devoured by the table. It was easy to create a low-FODMAP version of this chocolate ice cream pie recipe!
My low-FODMAP recipe is also vegan and gluten free, as the cookies I used for the crust have no dairy or egg, but check yours for ingredients to confirm.
I can’t think of a better way to eat ice cream than on top of a low-FODMAP chocolate crust, drizzled with low-FODMAP chocolate fudge sauce. It’s sinfully good. Perfect for hot weather or any time of the year. Low-FODMAP Mississippi mud pie is an ice-cream lovers dream (me!).
This recipe incorporates my low-FODMAP hot fudge sauce in layers of my amazing low-FODMAP dark chocolate ice cream or your favorite low-FODMAP ice cream with a cookie crumb crust. Its positively sinful.
Check out over 300 low-FODMAP recipes on my blog too!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Mississippi Mud Pie/ Ice Cream Mud Pie; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 30 minutes
Equipment: 1 Springform Pan with removable sides (cheesecake style pan)
For Low-FODMAP Crust:
- 25 gluten free chocolate cream sandwich cookies
- I used Glutino brand (these contain tapioca flour, rice flour, vegetable shortening (palm oil, soybean oil, canola oil, alpha-tocopherol as an antioxidant), confectioner’s sugar, cocoa (processed with alkali), water tapioca syrup, corn starch, cassava flour, dextrose, cocoa, potato flour, soy lecithin, salt, natural vanilla flavor, sodium bicarbonate, xanthan gum)
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
For Low-FODMAP Ice Cream Middle Layer:
- 3 pints of your favorite low-FODMAP ice cream
- I used Almond Dream Toffee Fudge (click here for my low-FODMAP ice cream taste test to see why)
- or use one of my low-FODMAP vanilla or dark chocolate ice creams!
- About 3 ounces of low-FODMAP chocolate fudge sauce- use your favorite (no high fructose corn syrup) or try my recipe
- Cookie crumbs, toasted almonds, shaved chocolate (optional)
- Top with low-FODMAP coconut whipped cream
Prepare Low-FODMAP Crust:
- Remove ring around springform pan and place plastic wrap on bottom (makes easier to remove/cut pie). Replace ring around base
- Place cookies in food processor and blend until medium-fine grind. Set some aside for topping later. Add coconut oil and pulse until blended
- Press mixture into pan bottom
- Spread thin layer of chocolate sauce or my room temperature low-FODMAP fudge sauce over crust and sprinkle toasted almond halves over top, if desired
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes
Prepare Middle Layer:
- Allow ice cream to soften while crust is chilling
- Spread soft ice cream over base
- Pour another thin layer of chocolate or low-FODMAP fudge sauce over ice cream layer
- Sprinkle with crushed cookies, almonds and shaved chocolate
Freeze until ready to serve. Garnish with low-FODMAP coconut whipped cream if desired
- Absolutely gorgeous!