Low-FODMAP Chocolate Cake Mix (Cake Batter) Candy Cookies; Gluten-free
July 25, 2020Printer Friendly Version
Baking shortcuts are such a boon for us busy bakers. Fewer ingredients means we have less trips to the store, less need for pantry space and more options. Need I say more?
My family can’t stop baking these low-FODMAP Chocolate Cake Mix cookies using Happy Baking Low-FODMAP Chocolate Cake Mix. They are so simple, and absolutely addictive. My daughter has gotten to be an expert in making them, so I don’t even have to!
I like to change up my stir-ins, some days I try toasted coconut, other times I have opted for dried cranberries and pecans. But my favorite is dark chocolate M&M candies. You can’t beat double chocolate with that awesome crunch, plus the colors look so fun!
Note that I used both organic all-vegetable shortening as well as butter in these low-FODMAP Chocolate Cake Mix cookies. The shortening has a higher melting point, this allows the cookies to spread less, and the butter provides delicious flavor. However, if you want to make these without any dairy then you can opt for all shortening instead.
You may also love my:
- Low- FODMAP Happy Baking Fudgy Brownies
- Low-FODMAP Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Low-FODMAP Chocolate Chip Muffies (Panera Copycat)
- Low-FODMAP Chocolate Salami Dessert Logs
- Low-FODMAP Flourless Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies
- Low-FODMAP Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
Or over 350 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog! IBS-friendly.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Chocolate Cake Mix (or Cake Batter) M&M Cookies using Happy Baking Chocolate Cake Mix; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Servings: 48 cookies; 24 servings
Prep time 10 mins plus chilling
Bake time: 12-14 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Bake: 350 F
- 1 box (25 ounces) Happy Baking Low-FODMAP Chocolate Cake Mix; certified gluten-free
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 10 ounces (about 1 & ¾ cup) M&Ms dark chocolate candies, chilled (these do contain a small amount of milk ingredients), or semisweet chocolate chips (dairy-free if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and place rack in center of oven
- Note: I like to bake one cookie sheet at a time, but it will take longer that way. If you’d like to bake more than one sheet, then place racks in the top and lower thirds of the oven and rotate the baking sheets halfway through the bake time to ensure even baking
- Line 2-4 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liners
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with shortening until creamy, then add the eggs and cake mix
- Mix until incorporated, scraping bowl as necessary
- Stir in the chocolate chips or M&Ms by hand
- Chill dough for 30 minutes before baking (or if you have time best to leave overnight for best flavor)
- I roll out my dough using plastic wrap into logs, then it is super easy to portion out following a night in my refrigerator!
- When ready to bake, using a small cookie scoop, drop on the prepared sheet about 2 inches apart
- Place in oven until they are set in the middle, about 12-14 minutes
- Cool on the baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely
So soft and SOOOO good!
Printer Friendly Version