Low-FODMAP Breadcrumbs; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
March 11, 2019
These low-FODMAP breadcrumbs are simple to make, versatile and easy to freeze for all your low-FODMAP cooking needs!
Check out over 200 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP BreadCrumbs Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 15 min
Bake 300 F
Serving size: 1 cup
- 10-12 ounces/1 bag low-FODMAP, gluten-free bread, dried out (I used UDI’s hamburger buns), or your favorite low-FODMAP bread (my low-FODMAP maple egg bread also works great)
- 1 tablespoon low-FODMAP Happy Spices Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Push chunks of low-FODMAP buns through the shredding disk of a food processor to make coarse crumbs
- Spread the low-FODMAP breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake at 300 F degrees until the crumbs are dry but not toasted, about 6 to 8 minutes
- Shake the sheet twice during baking. Be careful not to let the breadcrumbs brown!
- Immediately remove low-FODMAP breadcrumbs from oven and allow them to cool
- Once cooled, toss low-FODMAP breadcrumbs with low-FODMAP Happy Spices Italian Seasoning if desired
- Low-FODMAP breadcrumbs may be stored in the freezer, in a resealable plastic bag or jar for several months