Low-FODMAP Homemade Breadcrumbs; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
November 2, 2017Printer Friendly Version
These low-FODMAP breadcrumbs are simple to make, versatile and easy to freeze for all your low-FODMAP cooking needs!
Use in my low-FODMAP chicken parmesan, low-FODMAP Italian Meatballs, low-FODMAP sweet and sour meatballs (instead of the potato), low-FODMAP meatloaf or any other great meal.
Check out over 400 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog. You may love my low-FODMAP Thanksgiving and Family Meals Collections. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Homemade BreadCrumbs Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients *using available FODMAP data at time of posting
Prep time: 15 min
Bake 300 F
Serving size: 1 cup
- 10-12 ounces/1 bag low-FODMAP, gluten-free bread, dried out (I used UDI’s hamburger buns), or your favorite low-FODMAP bread (my low-FODMAP maple egg bread also works great)
- Check my low-FODMAP Grocery Shopping List for some other brands!
- 1 tablespoon low-FODMAP Happy Spices Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Push chunks of low-FODMAP buns through the shredding disk of a food processor to make coarse crumbs
- Spread the low-FODMAP breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake at 300 F degrees until the crumbs are dry but not toasted, about 6 to 8 minutes
- Shake the sheet twice during baking. Be careful not to let the breadcrumbs brown!
- Immediately remove low-FODMAP breadcrumbs from oven and allow them to cool
- Once cooled, toss low-FODMAP breadcrumbs with low-FODMAP Happy Spices Italian Seasoning if desired
- Low-FODMAP breadcrumbs may be stored in the freezer, in a resealable plastic bag or jar for several months
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
Thank you for this! After freezing the breadcrumbs, do I need to thaw it first before using it?
Thank you for your question!
These low-FODMAP breadcrumbs thaw rather quickly. So, while it would depend a little bit on the recipe you are making, we suspect that you could use them straight from the freezer. We often take them out while preparing the other steps and by the time we are ready to sprinkle them on, they are already defrosted!
Hope that helps!!
Stay in touch and have a wonderful day 😊😊
The title said low FODMAP bread crumbs, and the recipe says use a low FODMAP bread and make bread crumbs. That’s not helpful at all. I was expecting a recipe to actually make low FODMAP bread crumbs. If I had a low FODMAP bread readily available I wouldn’t be looking for a recipe for breadcrumbs.
Sorry to disappoint you James. This is how one makes breadcrumbs. We have recipes for low-FODMAP bread in other links on the site. Thanks for your feedback.