Low-FODMAP Bourbon (Whiskey) Glazed Salmon; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
August 4, 2018Printer Friendly Version
Yum. Low-FODMAP Salmon with a Bourbon whiskey, brown sugar and maple syrup glaze. This is made for me. I am a huge fan of salmon when it is prepared right, and this recipe is the perfect combination of flavor.
This low-FODMAP Bourbon Glazed Salmon recipe is easy, you can pop it on the grill or broil it in the oven! Place it on foil for a no-mess clean up. You will be using this low-FODMAP Bourbon Whiskey Glazed Salmon recipe for many meals to come.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Bourbon Whiskey Glazed Salmon; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Prep time: 10 min, plus 30 min for marinating
Grill/Broil time: 15-20 min
Total time: 1 hour
- 6 (4-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick), or one 24 ounce piece of salmon with skin on
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (about 2 ounces) bourbon whiskey or other preferred whiskey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused olive-oil
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add salmon fillets
- Seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag once
- Remove fillets from bag; discard marinade
- Preheat broiler to high or set grill to medium-high heat
- Lay salmon fillets on aluminum foil lined baking sheet and place in oven on middle rack; if grilling place on grill safe pan or wrapped in foil with opening at the top to prevent salmon from falling apart
- Cook about 10-15 minutes depending on desired doneness (I prefer salmon rare)
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh limes if desired.
- So tender, sweet and delicious! Enjoy this with my low-FODMAP Rice/Quinoa Medley too.
Printer Friendly Version