Low-FODMAP 5 Ingredient Homemade Cinnamon Chip Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
June 22, 2019Printer Friendly Version
This is a super simple recipe for delicious low-FODMAP Cinnamon Chips, made with only 5 ingredients. They melt beautifully in your low-FODMAP baking and provide a delicious burst of flavor. Not only they taste better than commercially available cinnamon chips, they are inexpensive, all-natural and vegan.
Use my low-FODMAP Cinnamon Chips in your favorite low-FODMAP baking recipes- like my”
- Starbucks ‘Copycat’ low-FODMAP Cinnamon Chip Scones,
- low-FODMAP Cinnamon Chip Muffins,
- low-FODMAP Cinnamon Chip Cookies (swap for the chocolate chips in both recipes)
- and any other low-FODMAP recipe!
Or just sprinkle these in your favorite low-FODMAP yogurt or oatmeal…so yummy.
You may also love my:
- low-FODMAP Caramel sauce and
- low-FODMAP Crumbilicious Topping recipes.
Or check out over 400 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP 5 Ingredient Homemade Cinnamon chips; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients *using available FODMAP data at time of posting.
Yield: About 2 cups
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Prep time: 10 min
Bake time: 35 min
Bake 200 F
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (vegan certified, if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, vegetable shortening, vanilla and corn syrup until totally combined
- It may be crumbly, that is normal
- It should be moldable into a ball
- Spread the mixture out on the prepared baking sheet, flattening out with another sheet of parchment paper or the back of a spatula until about 1/4″ thick
- I used a rolling pin and spatula
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and melted together
- Don’t let it get crisp
- Let cool completely, then slice into your desired size of square chips
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use, in a cool place or refrigerator
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).