Low-FODMAP 30-Minute Pasta Alle Vongole; Gluten-free
March 3, 2023Printer Friendly Version
Here’s my simple and elegant low-FODMAP recipe for Pasta alle Vongole (pasta with clams). I love to use spaghetti or linguini, but any low-FODMAP, GF pasta choice works well.
This low-FODMAP Pasta alle Vongole is so easy, I use canned clams for added simplicity. True, you miss out on the ‘effect’ of clam shells on your plate for a nice Instagram photo op, but you don’t miss having to spit out the clam shells 🙂 Plus no need for cleaning, shucking or wasting the clams!
Make sure your canned clams contain only clams and clam juice (this is typically the water they use to clean the clams, without added broth or spices). The ‘juice’ will be salty, briny, and a delicious ‘umami’ for the sauce. Such a perfect gourmet shortcut!
Feel free to use some low-FODMAP crusty bread to soak up any remaining sauce. It is sensational.
You may also love:
- Low-FODMAP Lemon Butter Chicken with Penne
- Low-FODMAP Lemon Artichoke Fettucini
- Low-FODMAP 30-Minute Chicken Marsala
- Low-FODMAP Gourmet Lasagna
- Low-FODMAP Seared Scallops with Cherry Tomatoes
- Low-FODMAP Lemon Salmon with Dill
Or check out over 475 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
P.S. You should see my COOKBOOK for over 100 low-FODMAP recipes, low-FODMAP Meal Plan, FODMAP Tips and everything you need!! It’s the BEST!
Although this recipe has not been tested a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients (using available FODMAP data at time of posting)
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 25 min
- 1/4 cup garlic-infused oil
- Infused oils contain the flavor but not the FODMAPs! See my Top 11 Tips about the FODMAP diet to explain why!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams
- Ensure there is only clams and clam juice in your product, no added spices or flavoring
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole clams
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- One lemon, zested, then cut into wedges
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- 12 ounces dry low-FODMAP, gluten-free pasta (I like thin spaghetti or linguini)
- Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Drain all clams and reserve clam water/juice from the two 6.5 ounce cans of chopped clams
- Set up a large pot and boil pasta according to package directions until al dente (typical time for GF pasta is 7-8 minutes)
- While cooking, heat infused oil in saucepan on low and simmer for about 2 minutes
- Add butter and red pepper flakes
- When butter is melted, add reserved clam water/juice and wine and heat on low simmer until broth is reduced by half (about 10-15 minutes)
- Drain pasta when cooked to al dente
- When sauce is reduced, stir in clams, parsley and lemon zest until combined and warmed through. Taste and add seasoning as desired, then mix in the cooked pasta
- Serve hot with freshly ground black pepper, and lemon wedges, topped with optional Parmesan cheese, if desired
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
Really enjoyed, prepared as directed and will make again.
Perfect! We really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Stay in touch!