Light and Satisfying Low-FODMAP Chicken Salad Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
August 14, 2017Printer Friendly Version
Low-FODMAP chicken salad is one of life’s simpler pleasures. This low-FODMAP chicken salad is light and gourmet tasting, and so satisfying.
Lunchtime tends to be my most monotonous meal of the day. It is tough to pack a new and exciting low-FODMAP meal when I’m rushing around getting ready in the morning. So I tend to stick to the same choices day after day. Recently, however, I composed a blog of low-FODMAP tips for packing lunches, and I decided to take a page out of my own book!
So I jazzed up a familiar favorite. Low-FODMAP chicken salad is so easy…when preparing chicken for dinner, just throw some extra in the oven for this satisfying treat. Plus it is refreshing over greens/spinach or low-FODMAP bread, so even 2 days in a row it feels like something different.
Check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog, including:
- low-FODMAP Cajun Tuna
- low-FODMAP Salad on the go
- low-FODMAP Southwest Salad with Southwest Dressing
- low-FODMAP Spinach Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
- low-FODMAP Tossed Salad with Italian Vinaigrette
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Light and Satisfying Low-FODMAP Chicken Salad; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 15 minutes, Add 20 minutes if cooking chicken
Chill time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups chicken (about 2-3 chicken breast/thigh pieces)
- Use pre-cooked, or bake/pan fry to your preference, season to taste with salt/pepper
- If using store-bought chicken please ensure that it is either unseasoned or the seasoning is low FODMAP (hint: ‘natural flavor’ tends to contain onion/garlic)
- ½ cup green or red grapes, halved
- ½ cup celery, finely sliced
- ¼ cup green chives, finely sliced
- ½ cup low-FODMAP mayonnaise (I like Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise or Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tsp. garlic infused olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup almonds: toasted or raw (whole, chopped or sliced): approximately 4 tsp per serving
- ¼ c pinenuts: approximately 1 TB per serving
- 3/4 cup pecans: toasted or raw (whole, halves or chopped): approximately ¼ cup per serving
- 5 tbsp sunflower seeds: approximately 2 tsp per serving
- ¼ cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- Dice chicken into small pieces
- Place all the dressing ingredients together in a jar with a tight lid and shake well to combine
- Can also blend in mini-blender or processor
- Combine salad ingredients and dressing in a medium sized bowl and mix well
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight to allow the flavors to marinate
- Plate on bread, bed of spinach or baby lettuce greens
- Sprinkle with one or more optional toppings
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
Absolutely fabulous! No need to change a thing… thank you for such a yummy recipe!!!!❤️
Thank you Sue!
So easy to make and such a tasty recipe – I’ll be making this for my lunches more often!
Awesome to hear! We love getting feedback like this 🙂
So good and easy to make. I like cold recipes so I can snack at work. This tastes great with rice crackers!
Thanks so much for commenting! You may also love our low-FODMAP Cajun Tuna recipe or our low-FODMAP Egg Salad for other great lunch options 🙂
Stay in touch!!
Winner winner chicken dinner
This chicken salad is so flavorful and fresh in taste. I’ve received many compliments when serving it and requests to pass the recipe on. Many friends still rave over it.
You are so sweet to share your review and feedback!
We also wanted to share that we have a cookbook coming out October 6,2020!
The Low-FODMAP IBS Solution Plan and Cookbook contains more than 100 low-FODMAP Recipes that can be easily prepared in 30 minutes or less! Check out our Products page for ways to order and get a BONUS FREE PDF with your purchase.
Have a wonderful day and stay in touch 🙂