Kid’s Favorite Low-FODMAP Chicken Nuggets Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
May 27, 2018
The kid in all of us loves chicken nuggets. What could be better than a crispy, crunchy shell over hot succulent chicken? This recipe reminds me of Chick-Fil-A, only better…since it contains no gluten and is low-FODMAP!!
Your children (and you) are going to be so excited by my low-FODMAP Chicken Nugget recipe. You are going to want to make this dinner again and again. Easy and so good!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Kid’s Favorite Low-FODMAP Chicken Nuggets; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunky cubes
- 3/4 cup low-FODMAP milk (lactose-free or almond for dairy-free version) mixed with 1 teaspoon vinegar
- This creates low-FODMAP ‘buttermilk’
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup low-FODMAP gluten-free flour (I used Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend- my favorite low-FODMAP flour)
- Check out my bake off blog for this flour’s results in baking tests!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Generous amount canola oil for frying (or other preferred oil)
- Serve with low-FODMAP Special/Secret Sauce
- Set up 2 bowls
- Place egg and low-FODMAP milk/vinegar in one bowl and beat
- Place flour and seasonings in second bowl
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then flour mixture, then repeat again
- In a medium sized saucepan, pour the oil so that it is about 2-4 inches high
- Heat oil on medium-high heat
- Place chicken pieces in oil
- Shake the excess off each piece of chicken and carefully drop in the oil when it is hot enough, letting it fry for about 8 minutes or until crispy.
- Repeat for all chicken nuggets, you may have to add additional oil depending on the amount you use.
- Once they have been fried, place them on a paper-towel-lined plate to allow the extra oil to drip off
- Serve immediately
- Dunk in this low-FODMAP Special/Secret Sauce– or else try my recipes for low-FODMAP (no)Honey-Dill, or low-FODMAP Barbecue Sauces
- Check out that moist low-FODMAP Chicken! I feel good knowing my kids are eating quality low-FODMAP food..