Gourmet Low-FODMAP Lasagna; Gluten-free
August 27, 2017Printer Friendly Version
This is the delicious, cheesy, meaty, gooey, low-FODMAP lasagna your family has been craving. No one will be able to tell it is low-FODMAP and gluten-free!
I eliminated ricotta and white sauce but the cheese and beef gives it a fantastic flavor. And my low-FODMAP spaghetti/ marinara sauce is a rich gourmet treat in the layers.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
P.S. Did you know that I have a COOKBOOK coming out October 6, 2020?!
Gourmet Low-FODMAP Lasagna Recipe; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Equipment: 13 inch by 9 inch pan
*A note about gluten-free noodles; they are different than traditional pasta. Low-FODMAP gluten free pasta can end up being mushy if you are not careful. If using boil-first lasagna noodles, then prepare al-dente. For the oven-ready low-FODMAP lasagna noodles, you may want to add an additional 6 ounces of sauce prior to the mozzarella on the final top low-FODMAP lasagna layer. You can experiment with your own noodle selection and see what works best. Either way, this is a delicious, rich- tasting, gourmet low-FODMAP lasagna that you will make again and again!
- 1 TB onion or garlic infused olive oil (see my recipe-swap blog for tips on purchasing these oils)
- 30 oz low-FODMAP marinara/ spaghetti sauce – divided into 24 oz and 6 oz
- see note above, you may only need 24 ounces if you skip the top sauce layer
- One recipe will yield about 36 ounces, can double or triple for later use!
- 1 & 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded (check to make sure your cheese does not contain hidden FODMAPS such as spices or added preservatives)
- 9 lasagna noodles gluten-free and low-FODMAP
- I used Simply Balanced gluten free oven ready from Target (contain corn flour, rice flour, mono and diglycerides)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated for top
- A pinch of basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill pot with water and bring to a boil, then cook lasagna noodles until al dente, unless using oven ready lasagna noodles
- Heat oil and place in pan with meat
- Brown the meat, add salt and pepper
- Add 24 oz low-FODMAP marinara/ spaghetti sauce to meat and let simmer 15 minutes
- When lasagna noodles are done, drain excess water, and put off to the side
- On bottom of pan spread 1/3 meat mixture, 1/3 cup Colby jack cheese and ½ cup mozzarella
- If you decide to start with a bottom noodle layer, then oil the pan with some olive oil to prevent sticking
- Lay noodles over this
- Repeat layers 3 times
- Top layer should be the remaining 6 ounces sauce (*see note above; depending on your noodle consistency) and then mozzarella only then parmesan cheese
- Garnish with fresh or dried basil
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 50 minutes
- Then remove tin foil and let bake about 10 more minutes
- If cheese is still not melted completely, put on broil for about two minutes
- Let rest for about 30 minutes prior to cutting and serving
- So delicious!
- This is a gourmet low-FODMAP Lasagna recipe for family meals or entertaining!
Printer Friendly Version