Gorgeous Low-FODMAP Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake; Gluten-free
March 4, 2021Printer Friendly Version
This is such a gorgeous recipe. I am in love.
Firstly, I am a huge, huge, huge fan of crumb (streusel) topping. Anything with crumb topping. I even bake crumb topping to put on my yogurt and fruit! (See low-FODMAP Crumbilicious topping recipe).
The best way enjoy a crumb toppings is over a coffee cake. So, naturally I adore coffee cake!!
In fact, one of the first low-FODMAP recipes I made was my low-FODMAP Copycat Starbucks Coffee Cake. A classic recipe, with a cinnamon swirl middle and a thick layer of crumb topping.
Right here, we have another clear winner, and perfect addition for my blog.
Low-FODMAP Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake. With a crunchy, crumbly, sweet low-FODMAP streusel-crumble top, and the best low-FODMAP Almond Glaze (I also use it on my low-FODMAP Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies). All covering a light, moist, airy and delectable coffee cake that is bursting with raspberry flavor. I need to have another bite!
Try this low-FODMAP Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake and you will be as enraptured as I am.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Quick Bread with Crumb Topping
- low-FODMAP Raspberry Lemon Mini Biscuits
- low-FODMAP Almond Danish Kringle
- low-FODMAP Starbuck’s Copycat Cinnamon Chip Scone
- low-FODMAP Sweet Potato Sheet Cake with Crumb Topping
- low-FODMAP Sweet Potato Muffins with Streusel Topping
- low-FODMAP Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake
- low-FODMAP Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake
Or check out over 400 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
P.S. Check out my new COOKBOOK for over 100 low-FODMAP recipes, low-FODMAP Meal Plan, FODMAP Tips and everything you need!!
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 15 min plus cooling
Bake time: 60 min
Total time: 1 hour 15 min plus cooling
Bake: 350 F
Equipment: 9 inch tube pan, with removable bottom
For low-FODMAP Cake:
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons low-FODMAP, gluten-free flour; divided
- I love Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend flour, see my low-FODMAP Bake OFF to read why!
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your brand of flour contains this already)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup lactose-free sour cream, room temperature
- You may also choose regular sour cream if you tolerate lactose. 2 tablespoons is one low-FODMAP serving
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 & 3/4 cups (200 g) fresh or frozen raspberries, plus extra for serving
- 60 g is one low-FODMAP serving
- If you use frozen, do not defrost
- Low-FODMAP Almond Glaze, prepared and low-FODMAP Raspberry Coulis, prepared (optional)
- Sliced or slivered almonds for garnish (toasted is preferred)
- Baking spray, vegetable shortening or low-FODMAP Magical Cake Pan Release Paste, for greasing
For low-FODMAP Streusel-Crumb topping:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or coconut oil, cold and in pieces
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed (light or dark)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup low-FODMAP, gluten-free flour (I used Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend Flour)
- ½ cup almond meal or almond flour (1/4 cup is one low-FODMAP serving)
- This is basically finely ground almonds. I like Bob’s Red Mill brand
- Preheat oven to 350 F and position rack in center of oven. Grease a 9-inch tube pan with removable bottom and set aside
- Whisk cake ingredients of: 2 cups low-FODMAP flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum (if needed), and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside
- Combine all dry ingredients for low-FODMAP Streusel-Crumb topping in a medium bowl. Cut in butter or coconut oil (I use my hands or a fork). It will be clumpy, that is OK. Set aside
- Beat eggs in large bowl of electric mixer with flat paddle until well-blended
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat on high until thickened and light yellow in color (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add vanilla and almond extracts, flour mixture, lactose-free sour cream, and oil, and beat at medium-low speed for 30 seconds
- Toss raspberries in the reserved 2 tablespoons of low-FODMAP flour (this helps them not sink in the batter) to coat the raspberries
- Fold the raspberries carefully by hand into the prepared batter (they may break apart slightly, that is OK)
- Gently and evenly spread batter into prepared pan
- Spread the low-FODMAP Streusel topping over the cake with your fingers or a spoon
- Place cake in center of oven and bake for about 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean
- Remove cake from oven and let cool in pan for 20 minutes
- Remove sides of pan and cool completely on a rack
- To remove cake from bottom, use two large spatulas to gently ease from the pan
- Drizzle with low-FODMAP Almond Glaze, and top with fresh raspberries, sliced almonds and low-FODMAP raspberry coulis, if desired
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
It is gorgeous
I took a shot and made this cake for a baby shower last weekend. I have never tried this kind of cake before but it turned out perfectly. The glaze on top really made it. Thank you so much!!
Wow! You made our day shine!!
So happy the cake was a hit for your celebration. Please stay in touch 🙂
What if there’s already xanthan gum in the flour mixture? Do I need to add more?
No, you don’t need to add it then. Sorry, we left that one thing off the instructions! Will fix. Good luck!!
I don’t see any coffee in the recipe? Thought it would have coffee included, was this an error?
A ‘coffee cake’ is a cake intended to be enjoyed alongside a coffee. It doesn’t necessarily contain coffee in the actual recipe. Similar to a ‘tea biscuit’ (cookie served with tea). Thanks for the question, we don’t blame you for wondering!