Fluffy Low-FODMAP Coconut Rice Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
January 20, 2023Printer Friendly Version
Low-FODMAP Coconut rice is the ultimate comfort food. Creamy, rich, and full of exotic flavors. So simple to make too!
My recipe will result in a fluffy, not gummy, light, and flavorful rice. It all comes down to the best ratio of rice to water, and the cooking process that doesn’t overdo things. See my tips below 🙂
This low-FODMAP coconut rice will be your newest go-to for all my low-FODMAP Asian meals. I am such a fan of Asian food, and love being able to enjoy the flavors in the comfort of my home!!
You may also love:
- Low-FODMAP Copycat Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Low-FODMAP Mongolian Beef
- Low-FODMAP 30 Minute Ginger Sesame Chicken
- Low-FODMAP General Tso’s Chicken
- Low-FODMAP Copycat Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Low-FODMAP Double Crispy Sticky Honey Chicken
- Low-FODMAP Sheet Pan Asian Ginger and Lemon Chicken
Or check out over 475 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
P.S. You should see my COOKBOOK for over 100 low-FODMAP recipes, low-FODMAP Meal Plan, FODMAP Tips and everything you need!! It’s the BEST!
Although this recipe has not been lab tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients (*using available FODMAP data at time of posting)
Servings: 8 (about ¾ cup rice per person)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook + Resting time: 30 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Recipe modified from: RecipeTinEats
- 2 cups (14 oz) Jasmine rice
- Jasmine rice requires less water than other rice types. This recipe is tailored for best results using Jasmine rice
- 1 cup rice would yield about 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (13.5-14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk, shaken to emulsify all the fat in the liquid
- 2 ounces is one low-FODMAP serving
- 1/2 cup (355ml) water or low-FODMAP Vegan Broth
- The rinsing and soaking process below will add moisture and volume to the rice, so you don’t need as much actual water in the recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toasted shredded coconut, green scallion tips, optional for garnish
- Place jasmine rice in a fine mesh colander and rinse under cold water until water runs clean
- Place the rice (can leave in the colander) so that it is immersed in a large bowl of clear water, and allow it to soak for 15 minutes
- Drain rice well and set aside for now
- When ready to cook, place a large saucepan over medium high heat and add your drained rice, coconut milk, water or low-FODMAP Vegan broth, sugar (optional) and salt
- Bring to a simmer so that the entire surface is bubbling lightly, then stir the rice in the pot well and cover with lid
- Turn heat to low and let rice cook, undisturbed for 13-15 minutes
- Remove pot from heat, and let it stand (without peeking!) for 10 minutes
- Fluff rice with a fork, taste and add salt as needed
- Serve garnished with shredded coconut and scallion tips
See how fluffy it is! The BEST.
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).