Easy Low-FODMAP Superfood Salad with Kale & low-FODMAP Dressing; Gluten-free, Vegan
February 2, 2019
Until 3 years ago, I had never heard of kale. Now it is one of my favorite vegetables to eat! Delicious, SUPERfood healthy and packed with protein and nutrients, kale is also low-FODMAP…how can you go wrong?
This recipe involves massaging the kale- totally fun! When you give the kale a little rubbing it brings out its rich and beautiful texture and tone.
This easy low-FODMAP Salad with Kale is a delightful starter for any meal. The low-FODMAP dressing can also be used over other tossed greens or in a low-FODMAP Salad in a Jar. And for a little more superfood power- add a cup of cooked quinoa to the salad and get some more protein in your day…
I’ve even heard this being called a detox salad. So packed with antioxidants and cleansing ingredients.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Easy Low- FODMAP Superfood Salad with Kale; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Serves: 8 servings as a side dish
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus one hour for marinating (or overnight)
- 3 cups kale
- 1 cup kale is one low-FODMAP serving
- 2 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
For low-FODMAP Superfood Kale Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar (ensure is gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- A pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Combine dressing ingredients in jar and let marinate an hour or overnight (will have about 6 ounces of dressing or 12 tablespoons)
- Wash and dry kale and remove tough stalks and center veins
- Massage kale with fingers for about 5 minutes to soften leaves
- So this is the fun part…really show the kale some love! Rubbing each leaf between your fingers will change the hue of the kale from a dusky green to a rich and sumptuous color. Tastes so much better too!
- Chop kale and slice cabbage and cucumber
- Place all vegetables in bowl, toss with dressing and garnish with seeds before serving
- This low-FODMAP Kale Salad tastes so good, you won’t believe its this good for your body…and low-FODMAP!