Decadent Low-FODMAP Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe; Gluten-free, Vegan
August 27, 2017
Enjoy this low-FODMAP hot fudge sauce (its a low-FODMAP liquid chocolate!) as a low-FODMAP chocolate topping for your kids low-FODMAP ice-cream, or layer it on a low-FODMAP chocolate cake or low-FODMAP mud pie dessert. It is also dairy free and suitable for vegans.
Chocolate goes great with anything!
For more recipe ideas, check out over 300 low-FODMAP recipes on the blog!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Hot Fudge Sauce/Chocolate Sauce
While this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Serves 6 or more
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 can full fat canned coconut milk
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 squares (30 g) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (dairy-free if available)
- ½ cup white sugar (vegan certified, if necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Mix together the coconut milk, sugar, syrup and cocoa powder in a saucepan
- Bring it to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat
- Use immersion blender to remove all lumps,
- Simmer, whisking frequently, for 10 minutes
- Stir in the coconut oil and chocolate until melted
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
- Allow the sauce to cool then place in container and refrigerate
- Warm up to top ice cream (for my favorite low-FODMAP ice creams check out my taste test, or my recipes for low-FODMAP chocolate and vanilla ice creams), or layer in this incredible low-FODMAP mud pie.
- Or just serve over amazing low-FODMAP berries!