Crispy Low-FODMAP Fried Chicken; Gluten-free
January 11, 2018Printer Friendly Version
This low-FODMAP Fried Chicken is super crispy, a little greasy and so delicious. Low-FODMAP Fried Chicken is a crowd-pleaser, especially for the little ones.
While eating deep fried foods shouldn’t be a daily habit, every once in a while it is important to not miss out on the flavors you love. This low-FODMAP Fried Chicken is also gluten-free and so easy.
You may also love:
- low-FODMAP Chicken Nuggets
- low-FODMAP Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- low-FODMAP Chicken Parmesan
- low-FODMAP Savory Maple Dijon Chicken Thighs
- low-FODMAP Sweet and Sticky Chicken Wings
Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Fried Chicken; Gluten-free
Although this recipe has note been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time: 15-20 min
Bake time: 30 min
Total time: 45-55 min
Bake: 450 F
Equipment: Large Dutch Oven or skillet for deep frying
- Check for gluten-free vinegar if necessary, can also substitute lemon juice
- 2 cups low-FODMAP, all purpose, gluten-free flour (I used Authentic Foods GF Classical Blend)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil on 2 baking sheets
- Making the batter:
- Whisk together the low-FODMAP ‘buttermilk’, paprika, and half each of the salt and pepper
- Making the low-FODMAP flour coating:
- Whisk together low-FODMAP flour and half of the salt and pepper
- Set a large cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat
- As the pan is heating, line up the chicken, the bowl of batter, and the spiced low-FODMAP flour
- Pour the oil into the hot pan
- When the oil has reached 375 degrees F, dip a piece of chicken in the batter
- Shake off any excess liquid
- Dip the chicken in the flour and coat it entirely
- Place the chicken in the hot oil
- Repeat with all the pieces of chicken
- Don’t overcrowd the pan
- Flip the chicken pieces when the bottoms are nicely browned (about 3 minutes per side)
- When both sides are browned, put the chicken pieces onto the prepared baking sheets
- When all the chicken has been browned, put the baking sheet in the oven at 450 F
- Cook the chicken until the legs have reached an internal temperature of 185 F and the breasts measure 155 F
- While ovens vary, this step may take 20-30 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste before enjoying. Serve hot.
- I love it with this low-FODMAP All-American Potato Salad!
- Tender and delicious, low-FODMAP Fried Chicken is moist on the inside, crispy on the outside!
Printer Friendly Version