Creamy Low-FODMAP Vanilla ‘Buttercream’ Frosting; Gluten-free, Vegan
September 30, 2017Printer Friendly Version
This is a sweet, creamy and delicious low-FODMAP vanilla frosting that is vegan and gluten-free.
Enjoy it for any low-FODMAP cake (like my Low-FODMAP Lemon Poppyseed Layer Cake or low-FODMAP Rainbow Cake), low-FODMAP cookie (my chocolate chunk cookie or low-FODMAP sugar cookie), or any other treat you desire.
Check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Creamy Low-FODMAP Vanilla Frosting; Vegan, Gluten-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Makes enough for a large double layer cake
Prep time: 10 min
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract (can use colorless if desired), or substitute your desired flavoring
- 2 cups vegan margarine or lactose-free margarine, room temperature
- 6 cups confectioner’s/icing sugar
- 3 TB canned coconut milk (take about 1/2 cream and 1/2 liquid)
- Cream margarine in stand mixer with whisk attachment until fluffy
- Add sugar and continue creaming until well-blended (I like to cover the mixer with a dish-towel to reduce sugar spray)
- Start at a low speed and then slowly speed up, scraping down bowl as necessary
- Add vanilla, then coconut milk a little at a time until correct consistency
- Beat at high speed until icing is creamy
- Perfect for decorating, and delicious on fruit too!
Try it on my low-FODMAP Lemon Poppyseed Layer Cake!
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at email@example.com letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).