Classic Low-FODMAP French Toast; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
October 14, 2017Printer Friendly Version
Low-FODMAP french toast. A classic breakfast, brunch or lazy day snack. This is a simple, timeless recipe for low-FODMAP French Toast. Top with confectioner’s sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips, toasted nuts, fruit, low-FODMAP vegan whipped cream or your favorite syrup.
My low-FODMAP maple egg bread is the perfect base for this delicious low-FODMAP breakfast. Just like Challah French Toast at your favorite brunch spot 🙂
You may also love my low-FODMAP Wild Blueberry Muffins or my low-FODMAP Banana Baked Pancake recipes. Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Classic Low-FODMAP Challah French Toast; Gluten-free and Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-FODMAP lactose-free milk or dairy-free milk (I used almond milk)
- 6 slices of low-FODMAP bread (I used my low-FODMAP maple egg bread)
- I prefer a thicker gluten-free bread, but any bread will do
- Sourdough bread (while not gluten-free) may be low-FODMAP if you use white wheat sourdough that has been fermented for 12 hours (ask your baker!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of other flavoring if desired, such as caramel or maple
- Olive, canola or other preferred oil for cooking (I used avocado oil, healthy and has a nice buttery flavor)
- Garnish: confectioner’s sugar, maple syrup, low-FODMAP strawberry coulis or other desired toppings
- Beat eggs and milk with vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow bowl
- Dip bread in egg mixture and let the bread soak up the liquid
- For a dense bread (like my maple egg bread), I let it sit for 3 minutes on each side
- For a standard gluten-free sandwich bread, you will not want to soak very long as the bread can get quite mushy. Dip the bread in the egg mixture and place on a different plate until it is absorbed well
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat
- Place bread in skillet and cook each side until golden brown
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar, or your preferred low-FODMAP syrup
- Serve immediately
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).