Blissful Low-FODMAP Baked Banana & Cinnamon Pancake; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
May 11, 2017Printer Friendly Version
This low-FODMAP pancake baked with banana and cinnamon is certain to be your new favorite low-FODMAP recipe for breakfast-in-bed.
Growing up, I used to go crazy for a giant apple pancake baked in the oven with cinnamon. But when I began low-FODMAP eating, this apple-laden pancake was suddenly off-limits.
Not to be discouraged, I substituted bananas and a few other ingredients in my low-FODMAP pancake recipe, and I like my low-FODMAP Baked Banana and Cinnamon Pancake even better. If my family happened to make this low-FODMAP banana pancake for me (hint, hint) this Mother’s Day, I would be one blissful mama.
It is also gluten-free and can be modified easily for a dairy-free recipe. So easy!
You may also love my low-FODMAP Blueberry Pancakes, or low-FODMAP Protein Waffles. Or check out over 350 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, M.D.
Blissful low-FODMAP Baked Banana & Cinnamon Pancake Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Note: for an individual low-FODMAP banana pancake, divide recipe by 4
Bake 425 F
Cook time 20 minutes (5 minutes prep, 15 minutes bake)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lactose-free milk (I used 2% Lactaid®) or low-FODMAP almond milk for dairy free version
- 1 cup Bisquick™ Gluten Free
- my low-FODMAP recipe swap blog has a copycat recipe if you can’t find this
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 banana chopped into ½ inch-thick sections
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Confectionary sugar, additional sugar/cinnamon mixture or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- In a large bowl, blend/whisk eggs, Bisquick and salt
- Gradually mix in milk, stirring constantly
- Add vanilla and 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil and combine
- In a separate small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon
- Place 2 tbsp. coconut oil in a 12-inch skillet, brushing oil up on the sides of the pan
- Line the pan with banana slices
- Sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture over bananas
- Place pan over medium-high heat until the mixture bubbles (about 3 minutes)
- Gently pour the batter mixture over the bananas and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes
- For a single banana pancake bake for 7 minutes
- Cut into wedges and sprinkle with confectionary sugar or additional sugar/cinnamon and maple syrup to taste
This low-FODMAP pancake is amazing…you can cut it with a fork 🙂
Printer Friendly Version
Want a 10% coupon? Just review this recipe & then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know which recipe you have reviewed. We will then send you a 10% coupon code (limit 1 per customer/email).
Fantastic recipe. I’ve made it several times. Once I halved the recipe and cooked it completely on the stove top (flipping halfway). Definitely a keeper.
We are so pleased to hear this feedback! These comments inspire us. Thank you so much 🙂
Great family breakfast..hubby went back from second helping!
Thank you so much for your comments, Pam!
Dear Dr. Pauls,
Delicious! I made this using pineapple as my husband loves pineapple and it was delightful as well.
I’m so grateful to find your recipes and I have your book as well. This has changed my life and I savor every bite.
Thank you SO much! You made our day. Love the idea of pineapple too!
Stay in touch. 🙂