Blissful Low-FODMAP Baked Banana & Cinnamon Pancake; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
February 8, 2019
This low-FODMAP pancake baked with banana and cinnamon is certain to be your new favorite low-FODMAP recipe for breakfast-in-bed.
Growing up, I used to go crazy for a giant apple pancake baked in the oven with cinnamon. But when I began low-FODMAP eating, this apple-laden pancake was suddenly off-limits.
Not to be discouraged, I substituted bananas and a few other ingredients in my low-FODMAP pancake recipe, and I like my low-FODMAP Baked Banana and Cinnamon Pancake even better. If my family happened to make this low-FODMAP banana pancake for me (hint, hint) this Mother’s Day, I would be one blissful mama.
It is also gluten-free and can be modified easily for a dairy-free recipe. So easy!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, M.D.
Blissful low-FODMAP Baked Banana & Cinnamon Pancake Recipe; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Note: for an individual low-FODMAP banana pancake, divide recipe by 4
Bake 425 F
Cook time 20 minutes (5 minutes prep, 15 minutes bake)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lactose-free milk (I used 2% Lactaid®) or low-FODMAP almond milk for dairy free version
- 1 cup Bisquick™ Gluten Free
- if not available use 1 cup gluten-free flour and add 1 tsp. xanthan gum, ½ tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder and 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 banana chopped into ½ inch-thick sections
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Confectionary sugar, additional sugar/cinnamon mixture or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- In a large bowl, blend/whisk eggs, Bisquik and salt
- Gradually mix in milk, stirring constantly
- Add vanilla and 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil and combine
- In a separate small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon
- Place 2 tbsp. coconut oil in a 12-inch skillet, brushing oil up on the sides of the pan
- Line the pan with banana slices
- Sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture over bananas
- Place pan over medium-high heat until the mixture bubbles (about 3 minutes)
- Gently pour the batter mixture over the bananas and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes
- For a single banana pancake bake for 7 minutes
- Cut into wedges and sprinkle with confectionary sugar or additional sugar/cinnamon and maple syrup to taste
This low-FODMAP pancake is amazing…you can cut it with a fork 🙂