5 Minute Low-FODMAP Refrigerator Pickles; Gluten-free, Vegan
July 12, 2018
An easy and delicious low-FODMAP Refrigerator Pickles recipe that results in crisp and tasty pickles. It takes only 5 minutes to prep! No onion and no garlic means they won’t upset your tummy, but you don’t have to sacrifice taste with this low-FODMAP Pickle recipe.
Super healthy and low-calorie, low-FODMAP Pickles go perfectly on a low-FODMAP Mouth-watering Hamburger, or in my All American low-FODMAP Potato Salad and low-FODMAP Tartar Sauce. They are also gluten-free and vegan.
Check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on my blog.
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Easy Low-FODMAP Refrigerator Pickles; Gluten-free, Vegan
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients.
Serves 6 or more
Prep time: 5 min
Refrigeration time: 2 days
- 1 large English cucumber; sliced into rounds or spears (or both!)
- 1 & 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 6-8 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional for color)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional for a slightly sweeter taste)
- Add the water, vinegar, salt, peppercorns, dill, bay leaf and optional red pepper and sugar (if desired) to a large 32 ounce jar or to two 16 ounce jars
- mix to combine
- Add the sliced cucumbers to the jar(s)
- Cover the jars and shake to combine
- Refrigerate for about 2 days prior to eating
- Will keep in fridge up to 2 weeks