30 Minute Low-FODMAP Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
December 27, 2019
Everyone loves a stir- fry, and this recipe is bound to be a hit in your home. Cooking your meat and vegetables in one pan means a healthy dinner and easy clean up.
You will also appreciate this low-FODMAP Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry has NO fancy ingredients, is gluten-free AND IBS-friendly. A gourmet meal ready in just 30 minutes!
Try it with tofu for a vegan entree, or use shrimp, or beef instead of the chicken. It will be a versatile staple in your home.
FODMAP fact: While many think broccoli is a high-FODMAP food, it depends on which part of the broccoli you are consuming. If you stick to broccoli HEADS only, you can enjoy a full 3/4 cup per serving!
You may also love my:
- Low-FODMAP Peanut Pad Thai
- Low-FODMAP Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Low-FODMAP Chili
- Low-FODMAP Beef and Potato Stew using slow-cooker
- Low-FODMAP Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
- Low-FODMAP Best Chicken Recipes
Or check out over 300 more low-FODMAP recipes on the blog. IBS-friendly!
Be healthy and happy,
Rachel Pauls, MD
Low-FODMAP Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry; Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Although this recipe has not been tested, a single serving should be low-FODMAP based on the ingredients
Prep time 12 min
Cook time 10-15 min
Total time 22-27 min
- 3 tablespoons tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not ‘seasoned’ rice vinegar, as that product contains sugar)
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pound (16 ounces) boneless skinless chicken thighs, chopped into cubes
- Can also substitute chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- If you want a garlic flavor, use garlic-infused oil instead
- 2 cups broccoli heads
- Try to avoid using the stalks, they are higher in FODMAPs
- However, if a little of the stalk gets in the dish, don’t panic as whole broccoli is still low-FODMAP in 3/4 cup servings
- 2 medium carrots, chopped into thin sticks
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine tamari or soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ginger in a large resealable bag with the chicken.
- Put chicken in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to marinate. While marinating, prepare vegetables.
- When finished marinating, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When oil is warm, pour the chicken and marinade into the skillet. Allow chicken to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring and turning as needed.
- Add broccoli and carrots to skillet and stir-fry until the ingredients are coated with sauce and the mixture is heated through.
- Serve immediately over steamed rice, garnished with sesame seeds